PDA

View Full Version : Deadline Question for Nationals

Stephanie_Millner
03-27-2011, 10:07 AM
I just saw online that the deadline to receive cases for Nationals is April 27th... but Northeast District judging is April 17th? Is there a late-case extension for Northeast people? Seems like it's a REALLY tight (10-day) deadline to get a case shipped back and then sent out again for Nationals... even assuming that you don't need anything reprinted!

Does anyone know?

Keith_A_Howe
03-27-2011, 02:28 PM
Steff, You read that wrong. You just have to do your online registration by the 27th. The cases don't have to be there until May 10th.

Keith

Stephanie_Millner
03-27-2011, 03:26 PM
Oh! Oops! Thanks for catching that.

GregYager
03-27-2011, 04:35 PM
Would it still be possible that you could run into an issue if you don't see your prints before the 27th to know which one's merited and what score they received? 10 days for them to get to Rome may or may not be enough unless they post the results online in a timely manner. Just thinkin.....

Stephanie_Millner
03-27-2011, 04:44 PM
They're going to my dad's house in NJ. Scores should be online within the week, so if something got like... a 69... I'll be substituting!

GregYager
03-27-2011, 05:58 PM
I couldn't imagine one of your images getting a 69 but having them sent to your dad is a good idea. Good luck!

My images went through SEPPA this weekend and now I get to sit on pins and needles til I find out how they scored. I'm kicking myself for not driving down to see the judging but I had paying gigs that I just couldn't pass up. The suspense is killing me!

Stephanie_Millner
03-27-2011, 06:39 PM
Ooh, good luck with SEPPA, Greg!

Yes, this method worked well for me last year... Here's hoping!

Heather_L._Smith
03-28-2011, 02:02 AM
My images went through SEPPA this weekend and now I get to sit on pins and needles til I find out how they scored. I'm kicking myself for not driving down to see the judging but I had paying gigs that I just couldn't pass up. The suspense is killing me!

Good luck, Greg! I sat through two days of judging at SEPPA at it was awesome as always. There was one room of digital prints and one room of physical prints - and it was split about 50/50 between the two rooms. I'll be attending the banquet tomorrow night, so I'll let you know if you win anything!

GregYager
03-28-2011, 03:22 AM
Thanks Heather. I highly doubt I will but one can always hope.

Sarah_Johnston
03-28-2011, 03:43 AM
Greg, You did not know anyone the was going? I can not attend North Central but I have 4 people watching for my images for me. I just can not stand the wait! Plus any that have to be redone or replaced- I want time to get it done. LOL
I hope you did well. I understand there were some really great images. My best friend was judging and said it was a blast!

Heather_L._Smith
03-28-2011, 05:15 AM
Sarah and Greg - unfortunately I was in the digital room all weekend, so I didn't see any of the physical print judging... I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

ChontelleBrown
03-28-2011, 12:12 PM
Greg,
I know how two of your images scored. I sat in the print room the entire time, so I may have seen your others too. PM me if you want to know before the results are published.

Chontelle

GregYager
03-28-2011, 01:09 PM
Uh-oh...that means they did badly.

GregYager
03-28-2011, 01:31 PM
Greg, You did not know anyone the was going?

I have some friends there but I had planned on going as well so I didn't think to show them reference prints of the images I submitted. I had some last minute appointments that paid well so I had to alter my plans and stay home. I have a gut feeling that I'll be doing some re-thinking this week before IPC.

Chontelle...I sent you a pm but I have extremely thick skin so you can post them here as well if you wish. If I did well I will celebrate. If I did poorly then I can post them and get some pointers on how to improve them and others can learn from them as well.

beekaone
03-28-2011, 05:35 PM
Heather, if you were in the Digital room, you probably (maybe) saw mine. I'm dying to know how they did because this is my first competition. How do I find out before the final posting?
Thanks for all your help, btw, on the CPP process...without your and Mark L.'s comments, I would not have dared try the exam and image submission.

Heather_L._Smith
03-28-2011, 05:39 PM
Heather, if you were in the Digital room, you probably (maybe) saw mine. I'm dying to know how they did because this is my first competition. How do I find out before the final posting?
Thanks for all your help, btw, on the CPP process...without your and Mark L.'s comments, I would not have dared try the exam and image submission.

Hi, Victoria! You're probably right... I probably did see your images! However, I think I saw about 600 images during those two days. At this point, the only way to know is to wait for the final posting :)

What did your images look like (or can you post them here)? I won't be able to tell you what they scored (since I know there's no way I would remember), but I might remember if they were challenged and talked about.

And, congrats on your work on CPP! That's awesome!

beekaone
03-28-2011, 06:17 PM
Heather, the one I'm most curious about is Dancing with Memories--an EI submission.

beekaone
03-28-2011, 06:18 PM
and YIKES does that ever look awful on here!

mrbarton
03-28-2011, 06:31 PM
God bless the person that is working crew for a District! You are everyone's best friend and everyone's worst nightmare! To top it off, let's talk about the texting bill!

Tss1203
03-28-2011, 10:44 PM
Nice to see ya here again, Michael!

Nylora_Bruleigh
03-28-2011, 11:45 PM
Hey Steff!

I talked to Lorraine (chair) today about the NorthEast Regionals and she was talking about the quick turn around, they know they have to be shipped back out immediately for Nationals. so barring any unorseen cirsumstances you should be all set!

Also, I will be working at the comp if you need me to watch for any of your images?

Best Wishes!