PDA

View Full Version : ONTARIO members are able to switch districts

suebird
03-24-2011, 04:19 PM
Just an FYI for anyone who is wondering in Southwestern and Southern Ontario. You can switch your designated district if needed for location reasons. It creates a little problem for registering competition entries, but it can be done.

There are some local USA affiliations that are really close to us on the border of Ontario in Sw and SONTArion, you may want to take a look at this option in order to participate more in local level PPA membership.

Keith_A_Howe
03-24-2011, 04:28 PM
The ONLY thing the district affects is where you send your prints for affiliate competition. So if you are not attending the competition anyway - why would it make any difference which district you ship them to? You can still participate all you want in any local level organizations. Plus the competition rotates within the district every year - so next year it might be closer to you then some other district's is.

Keith

suebird
03-24-2011, 06:07 PM
I re-looked at my subject line and realize it came across as a suggestion to do. Totally not my intention,

was just trying to help some of the new members in Ontario coming in and if they are aware they can actually change the district they are affiliated with.

Ontario is huge province, some of it cut off by the great lakes, so Southwestern and Southern Ontario and Northeastern is logistically easier and cheaper to get to events. Also i noticed With a switch you are more in touch with events and ongoing Northeast announcements as well, so it Just will cut down maintenance of watching two districts for competition and then for events in the other.

Cassandra_Sullivan
03-24-2011, 08:40 PM
Suzanne are you coming to PPANE in April?

suebird
03-24-2011, 08:47 PM
Yes, i am driving down, love cape cod and cannot wait for the road trip.i am really looking forward to watching some judging and will be taking the dreaded exam ;)

Stephanie_Millner
03-24-2011, 09:34 PM
Suzanne, I'm changing the name of the thread.

suebird
03-24-2011, 09:39 PM
Great thanks

Cassandra_Sullivan
03-25-2011, 01:06 AM
Yes, i am driving down, love cape cod and cannot wait for the road trip.i am really looking forward to watching some judging and will be taking the dreaded exam ;)

Well then I'm looking forward to meeting you! :D

suebird
03-25-2011, 09:30 PM
Cheers and beers! We can raise a toast and relax! Looking forward to meeting you! see you soon!!!