PDA

View Full Version : How many Merits?

suebird
03-24-2011, 12:41 PM
I thought for recert, if you attended every IUSA for 5 years you would get your 25 merits? Is there not as many merits given if you buy a buddy pass for attending IUSA? Is attending IUSA 5 merits? or are there different levels of merits for different passes purchased?

thanks in advance

GregYager
03-24-2011, 01:02 PM
Attending IUSA is 1 merit. You can earn additional merits by volunteering to help with activities there such as print crew etc...

Cindi_K_McDaniel
03-24-2011, 01:09 PM
Suzanne, I think you are confusing merits with education units... You only get one merit for attending, but you do earn 5 education units which is what you need for recert.

GregYager
03-24-2011, 01:22 PM
Where do you find your education units record?

Stephanie_Millner
03-24-2011, 01:26 PM
you get 5 "continuing education" credits to use toward renewal of your CPP. But as far as Merits are concerned, IUSA is 1. Some pre-convention classes are a merit, and print committee setup and tear-down are each a merit as well.

Christine_Walsh-Newton
03-24-2011, 01:32 PM
Greg - you are responsible for keeping track of your credits for recertification. You should have received a package with your certificate that included a form. Basically, each day spend in education counts for 1 credit. You will need to keep proof that you paid for and attended the event.

5 UNITS Attending Imaging USA or a full week at a PPA Affiliate School
2 UNITS Attending Regional or State Conventions
Attending Photography Industry Seminars or Convention lasting 2 or more days
1 UNIT Attending Photography Industry Seminars or Workshops lasting 6 or more hours
1/2 UNIT Attending any professionally related program that lasts 4-6 hours
1/4 UNIT Attending any professionally related program that lasts 2-4 hours

Here is the link to that information: http://certifiedphotographer.com/cpp-certification/re-certification/

You can obtain a tracking form on that page as well.

GregYager
03-24-2011, 02:05 PM
Thanks Christine. I'll dig that form out and make sure I keep up with it. Fortunately I still have my receipts from IUSA and my State convention.

Cassandra_Sullivan
03-24-2011, 03:52 PM
You will need to keep proof that you paid for and attended the event.

How can one prove they attended besides a payment receipt? My state and regional conventions are included in my dues so I don't pay for it.

Christine_Walsh-Newton
03-24-2011, 04:42 PM
Mine is the same, but we need to register online to attend and then we get a receipt for $0. I save that and my name badge.

Don_Chick
03-24-2011, 07:40 PM
How can one prove they attended besides a payment receipt? My state and regional conventions are included in my dues so I don't pay for it.

If they can't sleep at night then they didn't attend!!!

Stephanie_Millner
03-24-2011, 08:05 PM
Can you use a copy of your merit report?

Erin_L._Clark
04-29-2011, 04:37 AM
If they can't sleep at night then they didn't attend!!!

hahahha!! :p

Christine_Walsh-Newton
04-29-2011, 11:01 AM
Can you use a copy of your merit report?

I can't imagine that you'd WANT to use a copy of your merit report. It lists merit, not education units, so the merit report count would not be correct. You can also claim education units for educational events that do not give you merits, such as the 4 hour tour speakers (Sandy Puc, for example). Your merit report would be good to use for jogging your memory, but you should really keep and up to date form in your files and record every time you go to a class or convention.