PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question about Exam

danarm7
03-24-2011, 12:57 AM
Hi all -

Quick question: Is there a specified time limit in which to complete the 100 question exam?? I didn't see anything on the CPP website.

Also, I am considering taking the exam on April 10th, although I am not feeling "ready". I understand I have 30 days to wait to re-take the exam if I fail it. Am I cutting it too close if I am looking at a May 22 re-test date (not sure how long results come in and I have to register 5 days in advance of the exam)

Thoughts???

Thanks so much for the guidance!

Stephanie_Millner
03-24-2011, 08:47 AM
There's a 2 hour time limit for the exam. It's proctored.

Hint: First five minutes of the exam, write out all your f-stops, shutter speeds, ISOs, and draw a color wheel. This will prove invaluable and if you draw them right, these will help you at least score a 50!

If you're ok with the sample questions on the practice site, then you'll be fine on the exam. Don't stress.

danarm7
03-24-2011, 03:08 PM
Thanks so much!! I will definitely follow your hint. Sounds logical and helpful! I didn't see where the exam was 2 hours, but that helps to know, thank you. I got 8 out of 10 right on the practice questions online. I have about 250 pgs left in the London book. Ahhhh! Trying not to stress. I think I am just going to take the exam on May 22. I think that will give me enough time to be fully prepared.