PDA

View Full Version : cc for comp

ErinnA
02-28-2011, 10:13 PM
would this be a good image to submit?
thanks!

Heather_L._Smith
02-28-2011, 11:12 PM
Hi, Erinn. I'll jump in here. First off, welcome to the forum! Second, I would ask what your goals are for competition. Are you starting off in a local guild, are you submitting at your state convention, district, or nationals? Knowing where you are in your journey and your goals can help us in how we make our comments.

I would maybe choose a different image for competition. When I look at this image, the very first thing I see is the very bright white headband/flower in her hair. Additionally, the broad light on her face could be stronger (or show more control) as a short light. Keep in mind that when we're looking for images for competition, you're looking for images that are technically nearly perfect, with subject matter that is compelling, and either gives us something new or gives us something "done before" but in a very, very brilliant (or perfect!) way. This little girl is definitely sweet and cute, but the "average" subject matter combined with some things that could be improved technically would keep this out of the merit category for me.

Hope that helps.

ErinnA
02-28-2011, 11:48 PM
Hi Heather,
THanks for your comments. I only entered print comp ( nationals) once, the year before last and had one image merit. I have trouble deciding which ones to submit. your comments help!

Keith_A_Howe
03-01-2011, 12:57 AM
Welcome to the forum!
Heather said it well. Hope to see more from you.
Keith