PDA

View Full Version : Confusion about number of entries

elbeth789
02-23-2011, 05:23 PM
I was looking at the regional forms and it says were able to submit up to six entries. I can see where that would be beneficial. I always thought it was four prior years?

So my question is if you submit six that that eliminate you from getting a 4 for 4 if four prints merited and the other two did not?

Rick_Massarini
02-23-2011, 05:37 PM
At which Regional (District) judging forms are you looking ? All of the Districts are supposed to be held to PPA rules and that is four entries - are you sure that you're looking at a District judging and not a State Judging? States often allow six entries so you can pick your best four and send them to the District - then on to the International Competition.

Keith_A_Howe
02-23-2011, 05:38 PM
Well, if it it's a regional, not a district, they can have any number of entries they want. But if it's a not a district it is not an affilaite competition ( ebven though it may be sponsored by your affiliate organization) and you won't recieve seals for 80 and above prints.

Keith

elbeth789
02-23-2011, 05:57 PM
Ok gottca. I thought it was the regional, I guess I am wrong. I know Ohio holds it every 3 years or something like that? This seems to just be for Ohio not the midwest. I think I was just confused since its in Sandusky this year

Christine_Walsh-Newton
02-24-2011, 02:00 AM
Elizabeth - the Ohio is a state-only conference this year and you can submit 6. Next year, we are hosting the Northeast District in conjunction with the state Annual Convention, so you will only be allowed to submit 4.

Our district this year is in April and will be held in MASS. You can submit 4 to that competition.