PDA

View Full Version : SEPPA Entries

GregYager
02-23-2011, 01:42 AM
I'm considering this as my 4th entry for District next month. Any and all cc is welcome.

http://mymorganfield.com/CompetitionImages/11.jpg

Karen_Walker
02-23-2011, 07:14 PM
Hi Greg, I love the presentation on this image. I'm not a judge and don't quite have my master's so take this for what it's worth... The stretch of the fabric seems to add tension to the image instead of a graceful, flowing feel that we would expect. Just a thought.

Karen

Tss1203
02-23-2011, 07:19 PM
what a beautiful belly! I as well love the presentation.

My favorite image is the last one in the gallery you posted on facebook though. I love the look on her face, and her leg has a graceful curve.

If you go with this one I would either crop so the bottom of her butt cheek is out, or liquify it :)

Joe_Galioto
02-23-2011, 07:38 PM
greg
beautiful image
i don't mind the stretched fabric, that's what defines her belly
not sure about the hands, wish they were more graceful

Keith_A_Howe
02-23-2011, 08:43 PM
I know everybody else so far has liked this image. I hate to be the party pooper but when I look at it, her armpit is brighter then her face and every bit as big, so that's where my eye goes. . . Also remember Greg, this pose with the pulled back fabric has probably been entered almost as many times as that barn in front of the Tetons in Wyoming.

Keith

GregYager
02-23-2011, 09:07 PM
This is the one you mentioned on my facebook page Amy. It was in color but I still think I like it better as a B&W.The different stride and lowered arms gives her a more pronounced belly as well.

The stretched fabric is the point here. I've been calling this image "Baby Stretch" but I need something better. Ideas are very welcomed.

I agree about the hands Joe and I looked for an image with more graceful ones but I guess that's a detail I missed during the shoot.

I have a different mom shot using this same concept except it's done high key. I'll edit one of them and see if it presents better.

Thanks for the input everyone. I'm having brain cramps trying to get these finished up in time.

http://mymorganfield.com/CompetitionImages/12.jpg

Tss1203
02-23-2011, 09:11 PM
yes, love that one Greg! Her arms are more graceful, her face looks content and beautiful. I like it in B&W as well.

GregYager
02-23-2011, 09:12 PM
Also remember Greg, this pose with the pulled back fabric has probably been entered almost as many times as that barn in front of the Tetons in Wyoming.

Keith

I did think about that Keith. Then I realized that there's a reason that barn has been seen so much...the darned thing merits. :D

I was editing the "non-armpit" image while you were typing your reply. It was an issue with me as well.

GregYager
02-23-2011, 09:39 PM
Here is a high key version.

http://mymorganfield.com/CompetitionImages/13.jpg

heritage
03-20-2011, 04:54 PM
I am just curious, if you don't mind sharing, Greg, what title did you go with?

GregYager
03-20-2011, 09:21 PM
Amy,
I went with the image that has the black background with her hands over her breasts and I titled it "Any Day Now".

heritage
03-21-2011, 02:31 AM
Thanks. I like that title.

Rick_Massarini
03-21-2011, 10:01 AM
Greg - not saying yeah or nay... but just remember - the judges are going to see at least 500 pregnant woman portraits at this year's IPC... and since we now have 5 Districts - they'll see maybe 100 of them at a District level competition...

GregYager
03-21-2011, 05:42 PM
This is true Rick. They will also see 100 babies in goofy hats, 100 barns in the snow, etc... That's what I shoot so that's what I submit. Next year may be different but I just joined PPA in August so all I have to pull from at the moment is client work.