PDA

View Full Version : CC Appreciated for Friday 2/18 Submission

yoopergal
02-15-2011, 11:27 PM
I'm active on the CWS site but just joined PPA as a member and would really appreciate all and any CC on the images I've chosen to submit by this Friday.

I think I need to eliminate one (there are 21), possibly switch some more depending on the feedback I get. Thanks. I'm also interested in your opinion of cropping some of the portraits non-standard to get rid of the empty space at the top.

The Link:

www.tlcstudio.com/CPPTLC

Thank you so much for your time.

Robin

GregYager
02-16-2011, 01:00 AM
Robin,
It looks very good overall.

nrb11... needs some work. He looks a bit washed out and cyan to me. The dirty truck is a bit of a distraction as well.

nrb14... check the color balance here as well. Looks like excess blue possibly in the shadows.

You have one wedding shot so I assume that means you will declare that you're 95% portrait and 5% wedding?

Don't submit them in the order you have them. Spread the head shots out, having them at the end makes it obvious that they're fillers. Put your strongest images at the beginning and end with the weakest in the middle.

Good Luck!!

Howard_Kier
02-16-2011, 04:08 AM
2A, 5 looks a bit over exposed.
7, 12, 13 has too much dead space at the top. Crop tighter.
11 cyan cast, my daughter says the truck is dirty.
14a there is a blue/cyan cast to the whites of her eyes.
15 eyes are not on 1/3 line. Very obvious when compared to rest of head shots.

Robert_M._Wood
02-16-2011, 03:14 PM
Just my humble opinon.
You tend to have too much torso and not enough head in your headshot images. I also think some of the images would be improved if you left a little more space at the top. I really like the eyes to be at the 1/3 level.
On the whole I like your work.

yoopergal
02-16-2011, 06:08 PM
Wow thanks so much for the feedback! Great suggestions and observations I will work on them. Yes, I do very little wedding, not really what I am comfortable with! Thanks again!

Robert_M._Wood
02-16-2011, 08:56 PM
I would like to revise, add to, my previous comments. The last three images
are all good headshots, but all would be stronger images if the clothing matched the background. With a lowkey background the subject needs to wear dark clothes.

Good luck to you