PDA

View Full Version : member gallery vs. certification gallery

cpp_upload
02-14-2011, 02:39 PM
I uploaded 4 images and I can see them in the Member Gallery for cpp_upload but they didn't make it into the set for certification critique. Is there a way to move it over? I don't know how they got in there. I was able to upload to the critique gallery in the past without problem. Thanks for the help!

GregYager
02-14-2011, 02:48 PM
It could be that they are awaiting approval or that the gallery is full again. Most people have been uploading their 20 to a page on their website and having others review them there.

cpp_upload
02-14-2011, 02:56 PM
They were already approved, just stuck in the wrong gallery. I ended up deleting them and reuploaded to the correct place. Now they are waiting for approval.

I would like to upload my 20 to a website but I thought that it needed to be anonymous. Also, am I mistaken about the crop ratio--I thought all were supposed to be 8x10?

GregYager
02-14-2011, 03:02 PM
When you post on you website you're not anonymous but the ones doing critiques at the moment are not on the review team so it doesn't matter. If someone that is on the team decides to do some critiques they will simply pass those over to avoid problems. I'm not aware of the 8x10 ratio requirement. I submitted all of mine as full frame images which would be the equivalent of 8x12.

Heather_L._Smith
02-14-2011, 03:06 PM
You should have gotten sizing instructions with your notification that submissions were now open.

Jill_Gray
02-14-2011, 04:34 PM
Heather,
I did not get a notification that submissions were open (and yes, I am a current candidate). Can you direct me to where I would find the sizing instructions?
Thanks,
Jill

Heather_L._Smith
02-15-2011, 03:03 AM
Here you go, Jill... from www.certifiedphotographer.com:
It is suggested that you use Adobe Photoshop or Elements to edit your images. Your largest side, vertical or horizontal, should be 650 PIXELS. JPG images should have a resolution of 72 dpi and saved in sRGB mode medium quality (5 or 6). File names should contain no spaces or special characters.

lonely_mountain
02-16-2011, 05:45 AM
Here is a forum thread that I'm finding helpful:

http://www.ppa.com/community/forums/showthread.php?t=21143&highlight=passed+portfolios

It does not look like either 8x10 or 8x12 sizing is required. I've seen a square crop as well. And it looks like people have a variety of different crops within a gallery.

Hope that helps!

Emily

Michael_Gan
02-16-2011, 04:48 PM
The images in the the members galleries have been moved to the cert section. it should be ok now.