PDA

View Full Version : CPP Images CC

sphimages
02-14-2011, 05:39 AM
Hi Everybody,
I have posted images I have selected as possible submissions for my CPP candidacy. I would greatly appreciate your input. There are currently 45 images and I hope to submit this week as I narrow it down to the final 20.
Thanks very much for reading and looking.
Sue
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=1424259099&aid=2113487

GregYager
02-14-2011, 02:52 PM
The page will not load. You need to narrow it down to 20 before you post anyway. Putting up 45 more than doubles the review time and there are many people in need of reviews.

Heather_L._Smith
02-14-2011, 03:04 PM
Wouldn't load for me either.

I agree with Greg, Susan. We are happy to help with critique, but the most important thing you can do first is choose YOUR BEST 20 images, then if there are some that need to be pulled, they can be replaced. Part of the process is having a critical eye about your own images and truly choosing the very best you have to offer in your images - YOU really need to do that choosing... we can't do it for you.

<said with love!>

sphimages
02-14-2011, 04:22 PM
Thanks to you both. I am not sure why the page would not load. It is a facebook album. I will select my 20 and repost the link.
Regards,
Sue

sphimages
02-14-2011, 04:50 PM
Hi all,
I have eliminated all but 20. I greatly appreciate your time and efforts.
Please try this link.
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2113487&id=1424259099
Sue
I just checked privacy setting so it is all public!

GregYager
02-14-2011, 05:20 PM
#4 Eliminate the sliver of light on camera left.
#5 does nothing for me mainly because of the direction of his stare. He looks muddy as well.
#7 needs the exposure brought down. Blowing out the highlights.
#8 is losing details in the highlights as well.
#10 Same thing. You really have to watch exposure on red heads.
#14 Also too bright and you should avoid shooting up the nostrils.

You have an interesting style it just needs a bit of refining.

sphimages
02-14-2011, 06:09 PM
Thanks so much Greg for your input. I will go back through and edit to my best ability. I am working on the finer control of my light use. I so appreciate your time and willingness to help me develop my skills.
Have a great day,
Sue

GregYager
02-14-2011, 09:00 PM
You're very welcome. As strange as it may seem I actually enjoy this.

Howard_Kier
02-14-2011, 10:03 PM
In general, you need to watch out for blown out highlights. This seems to be a consistent problem with the images in your gallery. While it might be part of your style, the judges do not understand it. Rather they consider it a sign the photographer does not know how to control the light.

sphimages
02-15-2011, 03:21 AM
In general, you need to watch out for blown out highlights. This seems to be a consistent problem with the images in your gallery. While it might be part of your style, the judges do not understand it. Rather they consider it a sign the photographer does not know how to control the light.

Thanks Howard! I am finding that have been my consistent failure with respect to the CPP standards. I am tweaking the images as Greg and others have suggested. When these images were made, I didn't fully understand the positioning of the main light. After studying and having great folks like the pros here at PPA, I am now understanding the main light positioning much more.
I am looking forward to putting the finer craft of controlling light into my currently scheduled work as well. I am also setting as many practice sessions as I can to practice, practice practice so that my clients are getting their monies worth from me.
I really appreciate your input and suggestions.
Gratefully,
Sue