PDA

View Full Version : Gallery for Certification Critique

Jill_Gray
02-13-2011, 10:46 PM
I have posted images on my website gallery for any and all comments, critiques and reviews. I tried to use the cpp_upload login, but it is full.

Thank you for your help!

Jill

http://www.jillarnoldphoto.com/Portraits/CPP-Certification/15825751_XwqJL#1186544125_yPACc

GregYager
02-13-2011, 11:00 PM
It looks good as an overall body of work.

A few things I would address if I was you....

3744 and 3461 .....don't crop right at the head like that...either crop in tighter on the face or leave room around the head.

6452....try not to have both sets of eyes on the same level.

0724-2 seems a touch cyan to me. Add a little red for richness.

8127...you know you've got better images than this. I'm just not liking the green screen and straight on shot.

3180...retouch the groom's face.

6177edit...Do you have one with her back to the wall instead of her reaching out to the wall?

Jill_Gray
02-14-2011, 05:17 PM
Thank you for your comments, Greg. Very helpful.

I have replaced several photos and fixed others. If you or anyone else has a moment to look, I would appreciate any comments.

Thanks,

Jill

http://www.jillarnoldphoto.com/Portraits/CPP-Certification/15825751_XwqJL#1187387323_2papw

Howard_Kier
02-14-2011, 05:34 PM
Using the photo label of the images from the gallery viewer nn of 20, here goes....

Ok but not really sure about the posing. Others will have to take a look.
Should pass.
Need a looser crop to show more of the guy's arm. Don't think this will cut it.
Should pass.
Should pass.
Should pass.
Level the horizon and then it should be fine.
Should pass.
Looks a touch over exposed based on hot spots on the face.
Should pass.
Color correct and don't crop at the ankles. The standard body crops are full length, 3/4, 1/2, 1/4 and head shots. This is none of the above.
Should pass.
Lighting ration look a bit off. Perhaps you can burn this a touch to fix that.
Should pass.
Hate to say this but the more I look at this image (this is the second time through), the less I like it. The arm is cut off, their is a bit of railing in the bottom left corner and the composition looks off. I would have liked to have seen them a bit more to the left giving them room to look right.
Face looks splotchy. There is a line going down the left side of her face right through her eye brow and cheek. Bad retouching, bad instant tan or bad makeup, it does not matter you will get dinged for it.
Should pass.
Color correction. This looks a bit on the green/cyan side.
Should pass.
Once again, I'm not sure of the posing. The head looks tipped too far forward.

GregYager
02-14-2011, 07:48 PM
Keep in mind that you have one(1) wedding image in here so the percentage you will have to declare is 95% portrait and 5% wedding.

Take care of most of the things Howard mentioned and you should do fine.