PDA

View Full Version : Gallery full/ cpp image review

cpp_upload
02-12-2011, 02:08 PM
Galleries seem to be full, so just wanted a quick few comments on this addition, will be creating the images for cpp certification review. thanks folks. Would put my name on this, but did not want to have a potential cpp judge on here and then have to remove him or herself from judging if she or he saw my name. :eek:

Also a quick question about the image sizes, according to the guides, 650pixels long edge, 72 dpi and saved at 5/6, makes it into about a 900 k image....is this really the size they look at? it is not very large and if they need to pull in closer the quality of the files seems very insufficient.

GregYager
02-12-2011, 02:46 PM
Oh what an ugly cat! Nicely shot though. I personally prefer short light in these cases but this should do just fine.

They look at the images as a body of work first and then individually. The small file size is one reason you want to avoid highlights that are even mildly blown out or shadows that have almost no detail because both appear more extreme as a smaller file.

cpp_upload
02-12-2011, 05:00 PM
okay sounds good, I have added these two images to get an idea of how many natural lit shots should be included, obviously they want to see that you can control the light and technically get it using the tools we know.

I shoot way more natural than studio and i don't want to mask my style by entering all the things that will just get me certification, I would like to know that how i am shooting and selling for clients.....is certifiable:p

cpp_upload
02-12-2011, 05:26 PM
i know i should just add a gallery right? :D;)

cpp_upload
02-12-2011, 06:04 PM
this is where i am leaning, will add two more and then i feel good to go. unless i come back here and someone says "patooey, crrrap, quit your day job" ;)

GregYager
02-14-2011, 12:03 AM
I'm thinking you have finally narrowed it down to a passing portfolio. Looks good to me. Good luck.