PDA

View Full Version : Merit for image appearing in PPA Mag?

JohnHeckler
02-07-2011, 06:51 PM
Does anyone know if you still can earn a merit if your image is selected to be included in the Folio section of the PPA Mag? I know it used to be, so I assume it still is "merit" worthy, but haven't seen one show up yet.

Linda_Gregory
02-07-2011, 07:23 PM
Don't have an answer for you, John but I DO want to give you my congratulations! Great Work!

Michael
02-07-2011, 07:27 PM
John, I believe that you are entitled to an additional merit for the image appearing in the Folio section of the magazine. Contact Cristel or Colleen at PPA and check with them on why that has not been issued to you. Let me know what you find out. It is in the By Laws on page 23, under J., Unpaid, illustration not accompanied by an article published in the PPA magazine. 1-merit.

Jeff_Dachowski
02-07-2011, 08:47 PM
John,
You get one service merit, not an exhibition merit. They usually take a while to show up.

JohnHeckler
02-07-2011, 10:41 PM
Thanks for the replies ... must just take awhile to show up. Maybe I should just learn to be a little more patient since it was in this month's (Feb) issue :rolleyes:

Sherry_Piche
02-08-2011, 03:53 AM
Congratulations John! I haven't received my mag yet (didn't get the mail today) ...can you post the link? I've been trying to find it online - I can't find a search on the mag for your name.

JohnHeckler
02-08-2011, 06:10 AM
http://www.editionduo.com/publication/?i=59295&pre=1

See if that link gets you to the current edition online. You have to be signed in with your PPA membership, so the link may or may not work.

In any case, you can goto the PPA main page and you'll see an "advertisement" scroll through for the current edition of the PPA MAg. Click on the "Read more" link and you'll get to the online version.

The Folio section starts on page 16. Mr. Joe Campanellie has a beautiful loan image that also took a Kodak Gallery :)

Joe_Campanellie
02-08-2011, 02:39 PM
Congrats John on your image being featured in the magazine.

Thanks for the link too...I didn't know what issue my image was going to be in. This image was also in the top ten this year for the Grand Imaging Awards. One of those special images and photographed at one of my all time favorite locations.

Sherry_Piche
02-08-2011, 03:49 PM
John & Joe - beautiful images! I love looking at the folio images when my magazine comes. That's is my favorite section. CONGRATULATIONS!

Joe_Galioto
02-10-2011, 08:41 PM
john
just received feb pp mag today
congrats on your image being selected
& joe c too

Jessica_Edwards
03-27-2011, 05:50 AM
What if you were featured in the magazine WITH an article? Would you not get a merit then? Just wondering if my feature in August 2010 got me a merit?

Stephanie_Millner
03-27-2011, 09:53 AM
I think you get a speaking merit for that. But one, not two. Not positive, though.

Keith_A_Howe
03-27-2011, 02:35 PM
Why don't you just look at your merit report? My understanding is if you got paid for the article you don't get a merit. If it's an article with photos you get two merits (at least that's what Holly got every time she had an article in the magazine) but if there are no photos I think it's just one merit.

Keith