PDA

View Full Version : Images for review

cpp_upload
01-28-2011, 02:20 PM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/58905681@N08/

I have posted some photos at
Flickr under an anonymous name and would appreciate feedback.
Some of them are duplicate subjects, I couldn't decide which to use! Please be brutal!

Michael_Gan
01-28-2011, 03:17 PM
First of all, thank you for participating in the certification program. We hope that you will learn a lot while experiencing the process.

If you haven't read the "What the judges look for" article, please do so. It's in the certification website.

The judges will look at the overall portfolio first, looking for anomalies like color balance and exposure. If anything looks out of place, they have a tendency to look deeper into the images. My recommendation is to ditch the actions. The judges feel that actions are used to mask camera techniques. You need to demonstrate good color balance, exposure, composition and camera position, just to name a few.

Howard_Kier
01-28-2011, 09:25 PM
I took a look at your gallery. In the future please don't use flickr as that requires people to obtain a user id in order to comment. The biggest problem I saw was camera tilt. Why? That is what the judges are going to wonder. You've got to work on keeping the horizon level in the photo except when you really have a clear reason to tilt. The judges need to see you know how to use a camera and compose a photo. Not that you know the current fads or photoshop actions. You need to make sure all of your images are properly color and exposure corrected. There were enough of them in your gallery that I felt it needs mentioning. Finally, don't use B/W to cover up an exposure problem. The judges see right through that. It is ok to lose detail in the blacks or whites when you have a reason. But when there is no artistic reason, you'll end up suffering for it.