PDA

View Full Version : Am new to PPA and First time goer to Imaging USA

ashutterphoto
01-15-2011, 06:23 PM
Hi guys!!

Am new to this WHOLE experience but super stoked!! Am a wedding/portrait photographer from Houston, TX and just looking for some cool people to hang with who can show me the ropes! I'm fairly young (27) but have been shooting for 11years and love what I do!

LuminariP
01-15-2011, 06:37 PM
Are you a PPA member? And do you have a pass already. Im from San Antonio and I might be going by myself.

swingouton5
01-15-2011, 07:08 PM
I'm a newbie, going by myself, and young (29). Where are the cool kids at?

ashutterphoto
01-15-2011, 09:24 PM
LuminariP,

Yes I am a PPA member, I registered yesterday so need to pick up my badge and all that when I get there. :0) Cant wait tho!

ashutterphoto
01-15-2011, 09:25 PM
Swingouton5,

Sweet...yeah I'll be heading up tomorrow morning sometime from Houston...staying @ the Hyatt Place...should meet up @ some point everyone!

K_Jordan
01-16-2011, 12:28 AM
This is my first trip also and I guess I qualify for the young label at 30. I'll be the one roaming around aimlessly and wondering where I'm going.

ashutterphoto
01-16-2011, 01:11 AM
Lol, me too!! Sooo much great info to let sink in!! If any of you guys wanna meet up let me know!

K_Jordan
01-16-2011, 07:54 PM
Is it bad that I slept through the first 2 classes and missed the new attendee shindig as well? I guess 4hrs of sleep over 2 days finally caught up with me and it couldn't have been at a worse time. Now to figure out what 4:00pm class to attend...

ashutterphoto
01-16-2011, 08:10 PM
Ha!! I got zero sleep last night, and drove this morning got here at 930am, and attended the expo opening and a few seminars...better step up your game man!! Hahaha...jk. I am not sure which class I am going to @ 4...gen next or the new future for wedding photography.

ashutterphoto
01-16-2011, 08:38 PM
decided on the gen next class...see ya there if u go to that one!

Todd_Reichman
01-16-2011, 10:42 PM
I've heard that all the first timers and cool kids are meeting up in Grand Ballroom C2 at 9:00 Monday morning...

Just saying.

:D

- trr

K_Jordan
01-17-2011, 04:31 AM
I attended both the Gen Next classes. What class is in grand ballroom C2 at 9:00am tomorrow?

Stan_Lawrence
01-17-2011, 12:50 PM
I attended both the Gen Next classes. What class is in grand ballroom C2 at 9:00am tomorrow?

Nothing important.... just a "business" class.... likely nothing a new photog would need...;)

K_Jordan
01-17-2011, 01:28 PM
Nothing important.... just a "business" class.... likely nothing a new photog would need...;)

LoL! I realize a business class will be taking place there. I was more interested in the topic of the class. And although I am fairly new to PPA, I wouldn't exactly call myself a "new" photographer. I figure after being in the business for the past few years I don't fall into the new photographer label anymore. I do, however, think I still fall into the new studio owner category since I just opened up shop last year. ;)

Stan_Lawrence
01-17-2011, 02:14 PM
LoL! I realize a business class will be taking place there. I was more interested in the topic of the class. And although I am fairly new to PPA, I wouldn't exactly call myself a "new" photographer. I figure after being in the business for the past few years I don't fall into the new photographer label anymore. I do, however, think I still fall into the new studio owner category since I just opened up shop last year. ;)

The first 5 years of business is really critical, and it sounds like you're in your second year. If I were in your sandals, I'd be taking every business class I could get my ears on, it will be the difference between making a living and having a hobby.... best of luck. :cool:

K_Jordan
01-17-2011, 03:35 PM
I couldn't agree more and I have been making the business classes a priority. So far there has been a great deal of excellent and useful information that I can put to use in continuing and growing my business. I'm beginning to realize that putting off working on my website, branding, and blog has been a huge mistake and one that I plan to correct as soon as possible. I have been running on the idea that taking as many clients and shots as I possibly can is more important than getting my website finished/updated and creating my brand which is now obviously not the way to run a business. I also plan to make SMS and getting my numbers in line another priority after the information I've gathered in the business classes. I'm looking forward to learning even more.

Stan_Lawrence
01-17-2011, 06:14 PM
If you don't mind a suggestion..... put together a business plan (if you haven't already) and a marketing plan from that. Once you have a direction, you can utilize the ideas that work for your business model. :cool:

Donald_Smith
06-04-2011, 01:20 AM
Looking to split a pass only have lodging.

dds42000@gmail.com

GregYager
06-04-2011, 05:27 AM
Looking to split a pass only have lodging.

dds42000@gmail.com

Now that's what I call getting an early start.

Rick_Massarini
06-04-2011, 05:42 AM
That sounds like me - I have lodging already for Imaging 2012 too...

GregYager
06-06-2011, 02:28 AM
That sounds like me - I have lodging already for Imaging 2012 too...

Me too Rick. I'm camping in your back yard.:)

Rick_Massarini
06-06-2011, 03:25 AM
We have alligators... big oily ones...

suebird
06-06-2011, 11:15 AM
Now there is a pet I have not "shot".....:)