PDA

View Full Version : Need a room on 13th

Heartdog
12-30-2010, 08:48 AM
I just booked my flight, and realized my hotel itinerary is from the 14th-19th, and my flight comes in on the 13th at 3 pm. I can't change it...and that's OK I guess, I can spend more time sightseeing. So, thought I'd put feelers out there, and see if I can maybe share a cheap room- sleep on floor with my Service dog lol. Or, I'll check tomorrow to see if the room I booked is available, and maybe I can share for one night with someone. I'm maxing out my budget here ha ha. Especially since I need to eat and feed my dog, too ;)
The hotel I got is the Best Western Sunset Suites @ about $70 a night.

suebird
12-30-2010, 01:31 PM
I fly in at 11am and have a room for the hyatt so we would be looking at about 90$ each. More than welcome to split it with me

Heartdog
01-02-2011, 06:17 AM
That would be fun, but it's less than that where I'm staying. I guess I should just see about tacking on an extra day. I'm kind of regretting leaving so soon, not sure how much there is to see in the city. Was just thinking wandering with dog and camera heh. I'm sure there'll be plenty of people to hang out with.
If I could split $90 with another person for a night, then I could do it. But yeah, probably easier to stay put. : )

suebird
01-02-2011, 04:05 PM
okay no worries, If we find a third that would be even better, but I hear you, it was a bit if a sticker shocker for me, but the flights were cheap so I tossed in a nice pad to rest my head. see you there!!

Heartdog
01-11-2011, 07:58 AM
Is anyone else staying at the Best Western Sunset Suites? I still need to get a room for the 13th, and the price went up on Priceline :( Thought maybe I should share with someone already there, then get my own room the next day where I have reservations. Anyone?

Stephanie_Millner
01-11-2011, 08:48 AM
Suzanne - get in touch with Janet Ciummei. I think she's still looking!

ChristineShuler
01-11-2011, 06:45 PM
Tamandra, glad to hear you decided to make it! Hope you find someone to room with on the 13th.

Heartdog
01-11-2011, 07:12 PM
I got a Priceline bid room at Hotel Indigo, which is nice...but, it's SO far from the convention center. .10 miles, like 20 blocks. Else I'd cancel my other hotel and stay there the whole time. They say there's a trolley, but not sure if it's wheelchair accessible. That far isn't horrible for me, since I can wheel and have a dog co-pilot, but getting up that early, and going that far...probably not so great. So I'll have to switch after one day to the other hotel I have booked.

ChristineShuler
01-11-2011, 07:32 PM
Since you are getting there early, does that mean you were able to register for the pre-con pet class?

Heartdog
01-13-2011, 01:26 AM
Oh yes, I did awhile back.