PDA

View Full Version : First time to attend classes

meplighthouse
12-29-2010, 11:52 PM
I went to the EXPO in Nashville last year since it was just a hop, skip and Jump from me but this year I am getting to go thanks to a client. For a Thank you/Christmas gift they bought my flight and hotel for 3 night! I am so very excited to get to go and soak up all the knowledge I can for a newly gone pro photog!

Any tips on how to enjoy the conference better? Classes that are a MUST take?:D

Joe_Galioto
12-30-2010, 12:04 AM
mary ellen
come well rested, wear comfortable shoe.
bring a notebook & p&s camera
highlight all the programs that interest you on the scheduled
don't stay up late drinking
in the evening go through your trade show stuff and throw out the things you don't want, if not your luggage will be overweight on your return flight
have a good time
you'll need a couple of days after to recuperation when you get home
joe

Rick_Massarini
12-30-2010, 02:40 AM
don't stay up late drinking

Staying up late drinking does have one advantage - the next day, if you find yourself waaaay in the back of the room, you won't have to struggle to hear the speaker - because what you drank the night before will make the speaker soooooo much louder !!!:eek:

Cindi_K_McDaniel
12-30-2010, 03:47 AM
Staying up late drinking does have one advantage - the next day, if you find yourself waaaay in the back of the room, you won't have to struggle to hear the speaker - because what you drank the night before will make the speaker soooooo much louder !!!:eek:

Now that's funny!!! I know a few folks who always seem to end up sitting in the back... Perhaps now I know why :)

meplighthouse
12-30-2010, 07:55 PM
HaHaHa! Thanks for the tips. Is there a good way to get connected with fellow photographers while I am there? I know there will be hundreds but it would be fun to find a group to tag along with

Rick_Massarini
12-30-2010, 08:19 PM
You can go to the PPA forum get together on Saturday night at the Hyatt and meet some of the forum members - the exact location and time has not been pinned down yet.

suebird
12-30-2010, 09:41 PM
Looking forward to meeting the faces behind the names too!