PDA

View Full Version : CC please

cpp_upload
12-27-2010, 03:02 PM
uploaded this as anonymous for ease of critiques,
looking for ideas and hints for preparing for February image submission for certification,

They are available in the galleries in CPP upload as well

thanks

GregYager
12-27-2010, 06:26 PM
The thing you seem to be missing on the child is a direction of light. Even if the day is overcast you can use a silver reflector to punch one side up a bit to add depth to the image.

The dog is almost overexposed on the edges leading me to believe the background lights may have been a bit bright.

Interesting composition on the horse.

Keith_A_Howe
12-27-2010, 08:58 PM
So are these for CPP or for competition?

Keith

cpp_upload
12-27-2010, 09:46 PM
I would not feel they are prepared for competition, and I am trying to get a handle on the type of image that will work for certification. My background is newspaper.

Keith_A_Howe
12-27-2010, 10:55 PM
This thread is about print competition so maybe you want to move this to the certification thread. It might get more of the responses you are looking for there.

Keith

Keith_A_Howe
12-29-2010, 02:36 AM
I am not a CPP Judge. But here is MHO's
Little girl - this is the weakest image. The trunk she is sitting on has more impact because of the contrast, it stands out while her face (the area that we want to draw attention to) tends to blend into the background. Good lighting would have helped her tremendously.

Dog - Best image here. Could benifit with a little more room above the head. I agree with Greg the background lights seem a bit strong, look at the dogs fur around the edges. You may be able to correct this some if it is a Raw orginal file.

Horse - Interesting capture but lacks a gutsy feel in the exposure, almost like it was taken without a lens shade and there is a bit of flare. Again it really would have helps with a stronger light direction. As it is I would only recomend it as a filler type image. Remember your folio needs to represent what you said your business was comprised of, ie. seniors, familys, children wedding etc.
Good Luck
Keith