PDA

View Full Version : Bringing your camera?

saclookingglass
12-23-2010, 11:00 PM
How many of you are bringing your cameras? I'm thinking I probably won't have much time to shoot, but I don't want to be without it if I'm wrong.

Input from those who've attended in the past?

Thank you!

gailcarver
12-24-2010, 12:01 AM
I am taking mine. Not necessarily to the conference, but I will be there the day before pre-con and the day after IUSA, so I want to shoot some of San Antonio! I will have a little point & shoot for quick grabs of friends, new and old!

Cindi_K_McDaniel
12-24-2010, 12:45 AM
Leaving mine at home!!! Just bringing the point and shoot for shots of friends :)

GregYager
12-24-2010, 01:18 AM
Just a point-n-shoot for me. I'll need my hands free to carry the 2,000 brochures the vendors will be handing out.

Rick_Massarini
12-24-2010, 05:13 AM
Just bring your point-and-hope.

Mark_Katz
12-24-2010, 12:00 PM
Considering I have hotel reservations for the Saturday night... and a job that same Saturday night, I may be coming in with all my equipment. I'll be driving in from Houston and arriving most likely just after midnight. Otherwise if I bring the equipment back to the studio, I might only make it in at 2 am :(

saclookingglass
12-25-2010, 08:32 PM
Thanks guys, I really appreciate the advice. Sounds like just the point and shoot is probably the way to go.

Mark - Bummer that you have to bring it all with you. Sorry!

Joe_Campanellie
12-26-2010, 02:39 PM
I always travel with a camera. Just never know what opportunities you'll find and I don't like trusting those to a point and shoot. The Riverwalk has a lot of great photo opps if the weather stays nice.

Besides...the P&S we had my daughter borrowed and it met an untimely death in the sand.