PDA

View Full Version : Fuji Contact for Masterpiece Awards

Bob_Coates
12-17-2010, 12:19 PM
HI anyone have the current contact at Fuji for obtaining Masterpiece Awards for our convention in January? Thanks in advance. All my contact info is apparently out of date...bob@bcphotography.com

Rick_Massarini
12-17-2010, 05:56 PM
Bob,
Try contacting Joe Cullen JTCULLEN@fjuifilm.com or Ken Easdon KEASDON@fujifilm.com
Bill Prudner used to handle that but he has retired from Fuji. Joe handled getting them for me this year for our Convention.

Michael_Gan
12-17-2010, 07:12 PM
For some reason, I thought that Fuji has discontinued the Masterpiece Award? Something like last year?

Marc_Benjamin
12-17-2010, 07:42 PM
Might have been really earlier than that in some markets. I never did get my pin from 2/3 years ago.

Bob_Coates
12-17-2010, 09:02 PM
I don't believe they have discontinued it but they only supply 2 per state and they seem to have switched places with kodak and to be eligible you need to use a Fuji product to win one...

Thanks for the contact info Rick! PS your turntable plans worked out good moving to the larger and smaller print sizes for all.

Rick_Massarini
12-17-2010, 10:28 PM
They gave us only 2 to give out this year at our state convention. In the past Fuji used to give Masterpiece Awards in 7 categories - now they're down to two.

Bob - I'm glad the turntable plans worked out for you. If you know of any other state groups that need the plans to build one - feel free to forward it on to them.

Bob_Coates
12-18-2010, 01:06 AM
Will do...

Jeff_Dachowski
12-18-2010, 02:07 AM
ALl the current info says that the Fuji Masterpiece is no longer...
Jeff

Linda_Gregory
12-18-2010, 03:06 AM
I think this rumor went around last year and I contacted Kenny Easdon who was very adamant that it was just that, a RUMOR and that they had indeed changed the award but were not discontinuing it. Who knows about this year.

Cindi_K_McDaniel
12-18-2010, 03:18 AM
I received one this year...

Jeff_Dachowski
12-18-2010, 12:22 PM
The story was last year that they would give out what they have. This year, our state contacted them, and they confirmed that they are no longer available.
Jeff

GregYager
12-18-2010, 02:02 PM
Looks like you got the last one Cindi...

John_Stein
12-20-2010, 01:44 PM
Well since the Maryland PPA convention is coming up in February I decided to email Ken and find out if it is true about no more Masterpiece awards as I have been reading here.

Now keep in mind I just did this at 9:04AM EST today 12/20/2010

I received a response from Gary "Buzz" Brozik at 9:42AM EST.

Here is the response:

We still have the awards available, and I attached the rules. The major changes include a reduction to just two categories – portrait and wedding, and must be printed on Fuji paper.

In the past, photographers would claim to store their image on a Fuji CD, which made them eligible for the awards, that will not work anymore. I will also need to know which photo lab printed the winning images.

He is aware that this is for 2011.

So yes there is still a Fuji Masterpiece award

John

Linda_Gregory
12-20-2010, 01:52 PM
So....no digital entries for them.