PDA

View Full Version : Certify with Sandy Question

Misty_Cromer
12-16-2010, 09:34 PM
Can someone help me please? I got any e-mail today saying unforunately your registration at Certify with Sandy did not meet our requirments. Therefore your registration was deleted. What did I do wrong? :(

Thank You,
Misty Cromer

GregYager
12-16-2010, 09:58 PM
Have you declared your candidacy with PPA?

Misty_Cromer
12-16-2010, 10:13 PM
Hi Greg,
Thank you for responding. I just joined a few days ago. I have not said anything to anyone am I suppose to?

Thank you,
Misty Cromer

GregYager
12-16-2010, 10:21 PM
I think you may have to declare your candidacy through the PPA before the will accept your application at CWS. I'm checking now.

GregYager
12-16-2010, 10:24 PM
Here's the link where you declare your candidacy to get the ball rolling.

http://www.certifiedphotographer.com/cpp-certification/get-certified/CPP-declare-your-candidacy/

Misty_Cromer
12-16-2010, 10:26 PM
Greg,
Thank you very much. :) I already declared my candidacy. I don't understand you mean I have to tell Sandy? I'm confused? Thank you

Thanks,
Misty Cromer

GregYager
12-16-2010, 10:38 PM
I'm going to her site to look at the application again to see what could have caused them to reject it. Confusing to me too but we can figure it out. Too bad they didn't tell you why.

Misty_Cromer
12-16-2010, 10:45 PM
Greg,
Thank you. I registered again. I will ask someone what they need from me on the board.

Thank you,
Misty Cromer

Misty_Cromer
12-16-2010, 11:01 PM
Greg,
I just went back to sign up again. I can not post a question on the board, so I went to the contact us link and asked why? Maybe that's where I should of went first.

Thank You,
Misty Cromer

GregYager
12-16-2010, 11:16 PM
I tried to look at the application but it wouldn't let me. It just keeps saying i'm already signed up. Grrrrrrrrr Try asking Mark Levesque(not sure if I spelled that right)

BrittAnderson
12-17-2010, 01:59 AM
Are you talking about the forum that Sandy set up to help people certify?

She set that up a few months ago, and I believe you had to sign up by a certain date, or she only took so many or something.

Misty_Cromer
12-17-2010, 01:11 PM
Hi Greg,
Thanks for helping. Everything is fine.

Hi Britt,
I'm sorry if I confused you, but yes I'm talking about the forum that Sandy Puc made to help people certify.

Everything is fine. The forum has a lot of information on it. :) I was looking up a question about ratios because I don't understand them that much, but I did not know how to word the question. I noticed on the forum someone asked the question I wanted to ask, but I did not know how to word it and then there was my answer I was looking for. Even though my answer was there I'm trying to absorb the information.:D

Thanks you,
Misty Cromer

suebird
12-21-2010, 01:55 AM
I was not accepted either but I was not registered to for the CPP exam, so maybe will try again.

gailcarver
12-21-2010, 07:09 PM
Did the site stop accepting new people. I know it was intended for the first 1000 only, but had an overwhelming response so they extended that number.

GregYager
12-21-2010, 09:17 PM
She said she would keep accepting until the first 1000 became certified is the way I understood it and there has not been 1000 certified yet.

suebird
12-25-2010, 07:42 PM
will try to join again, I am officially signed up for certification process:D

suebird
12-27-2010, 07:47 PM
Have had the same issue again, I declared certification and signed up for exam in January and still received an email today saying unfortunately you are not accepted to join CWS.

Just emailed Mark to ask why and see if I am missing something,
sue

pcather
01-04-2011, 07:57 PM
I joined about a week ago. It took a few days for my application to be accepted.

Mark_Levesque
01-05-2011, 03:05 PM
The issue is that they get ~50 spammers trying to create an account for every photographer. They make their best guess as to whether someone is real or not, often based on the email provided. Most spammers use generic emails, often with seemingly random letters and numbers. If you get denied and you are a real photographer, you can contact them at certify@sandypuctours.com and they will take care of you

Michael_Gan
01-05-2011, 04:29 PM
Also, Suzanne, you have a country extension in your email which is probably tripping off a spam filter.

suebird
01-05-2011, 08:27 PM
Got in, thanks. EMailed the email Mark offered and they registered me. Thanks
sue