11-19-2010, 02:19 PM
Ok, you know the drill!

Who's going?
Where ya' staying?
Cell phone # if you want to share it.

____

Dave and I are going: Saturday the 15th to Wednesday the 19th
Staying at the Hilton
I need to buy an American SIM card when I get there, so no # yet.

ChontelleBrown
11-19-2010, 02:39 PM
I'll be there Sat -Wed, staying at the Hyatt.

352-258-3165

Jeff_Dachowski
11-19-2010, 02:58 PM
I have never been to IUSA. Is it fun? Will there be any vendors there?
Jeff

Stan_Lawrence
11-19-2010, 04:03 PM
I'll be there Sat -Wed, staying at the Hyatt.

352-258-3165

Uhhh, guys.... is it really safe to put cell numbers here on an open forum? :cool:

Mark_Katz
11-19-2010, 05:58 PM
Grand Hyatt. Sunday and Monday. I was supposed to be there Saturday afternoon, but someone booked me for a Bar Mitzvah. Bummer I know :p

Mark_Katz
11-19-2010, 06:02 PM
Jeff

Sarcasm at it's finest.

Jack_Reznicki
11-19-2010, 10:13 PM
I'll be there.

My cell number is 1-800- for-a-good-time-call

As Stan said, don't post cell numbers.
PM one or two ringleaders to collect them if need be, or do a telephone tree, but don't post such info on the 'net.

Angela_Lawson
11-19-2010, 10:56 PM
I'll be there on Saturday to help set up the Print Exhibit, and staying until Wed., or Thursday - helping on Tuesday with take-down. Staying with my cousins. Hoping that we set up a time and place to have an OurPPA get-together.

Rick_Massarini
11-19-2010, 11:12 PM
I'll be there - Friday until Wednesday - I'll be setting up and taking down the Print Exhibition.

Great to hear that you're going to be helping out ! I know that Greg is on board too!

Any other forum members interested in helping set up or tear down the Exhibit - we still have space in the crew - You can earn a service merit of the setup and another for the teardown !!!

George_Hawkins
11-19-2010, 11:14 PM
Jeff

NICE, Jeff!

For some reason..........

Stephanie_Millner
11-20-2010, 08:52 AM
Cell thing depends... if it's a business phone and you use it as such, it's already on your website. Otherwise, keep it private.

GregYager
11-20-2010, 12:45 PM
I'll be there Friday through Wednesday. Business cell which is all over the web anyway is 270.285.2914(text friendly of course). I'm not sure where we're staying yet. Anyone interested in splitting a room with a couple?

Erin_L._Clark
11-20-2010, 03:19 PM
I am SO there- coming in the 12-19th- need to find a hotel for the first couple days still.

Keith_A_Howe
11-20-2010, 03:28 PM
We will be there Friday through Wednesday. We are staying at the Holiday Inn. We also have a reservation at the Hilton that we haven't cancelled yet so if somebody wants it let me know. As far as my cell phone, nobody ever wants to talk to me anyway. . .

Jeff, I'll show you the ropes. I've been going since you were in middle school. By the way Jeff, Wear very stiff dress shoes and a suit and tie at all times. You want to look professional. I suggest you take most of your camera gear and a computer and carry it around with you at all times so you never miss an opportunity. Take every piece of paper from every vendor and be sure to haul it all home with you. And those vendors will have lots of trade show specials. Take advantage of ALL of them or you might miss out. You can take the time to analize the offers and see if they are good deals or something you are really interested in during your long flight home. Of course by then it's too late the money is already spent, but at least you didn't miss out on anything right? Don't bother spending any time in the print show. After all, we all know PPA judges just think inside a box and all the images in the print show will be boring and cookie cutter, nothing new, innovative or inspiring there. DO NOT strike up any conversations with strangers. They are not from your trade area and they cannot possibly have any good ideas that would work for you. When you go to the awards ceremonies, wear old clothes. You will look cool and hip. Those people that actually dress up for the ceremonies are just wanting to show off. After all those degrees and awards are no big deal. Hope this valuable information will help you have a great IUSA experience! ;)

Keith

Joe_Galioto
11-20-2010, 04:40 PM
all good advice from keith,
don't forget to bring about 4 0r 5 large suitcases to carry home all the great brochures from the trade show vendors and the stuff you buy from the speakers too.
joe

Jeff_Dachowski
11-20-2010, 04:57 PM
Will I be allowed to stand up and take pictures of each slide that a speaker shows?

I am guessing there is a lot of plugs for my laptops right?

Jeff

Stan_Lawrence
11-20-2010, 05:06 PM
Will I be allowed to stand up and take pictures of each slide that a speaker shows?

I am guessing there is a lot of plugs for my laptops right?

Jeff

Haven't been in years, although I do remember you'll need a flash to photograph the slides.... it's really dark in the seminar rooms.....;)

GregYager
11-20-2010, 05:08 PM
Oh it's gettin good now. I can see a lot of fun in my future. Would a rhinestone tux be a bit much?

Keith_A_Howe
11-20-2010, 05:22 PM
Oh Would a rhinestone tux be a bit much?

Save the rhinestone tux for the year you get a degree. Maybe just sequins this year.

Keith

Jeff_Dachowski
11-20-2010, 05:48 PM
Uhm,
I think I am getting an idea about how this will be. Should I ask a question, interupt the answer and then proceed to tell the speaker how I do it differently? You know, try to help them with their studio?
Jeff

Tss1203
11-20-2010, 05:53 PM
you guys have me cracking up :)

We will probably be going this year. I'm waiting to decide until after this weekend.

Jeff_Dachowski
11-20-2010, 06:01 PM
Haven't been in years, although I do remember you'll need a flash to photograph the slides.... it's really dark in the seminar rooms.....;)

Stan,
Do you think they would mind if I set up my alien bee in the room?
Jeff

Rick_Massarini
11-20-2010, 06:11 PM
Stan,
Jeff

I'm sure that they would have no problems with that, after all, they are photographers too and want to make sure that you have the best possible photographs of their personal instructional materials.

Stan_Lawrence
11-20-2010, 06:14 PM
Stan,
Jeff

As long as no one is allergic to bees, should be no problem..... reminds me.... did a lingerie seminar at the New York regional years ago, when we brought the model out there were so many flashes (maybe over 100) I couldn't see for about 5 minutes....they spent that time telling the crowd to put the strobes away.... that was a great group to work with.....a young lady raised her hand to tell me how she did her sessions, and several of the really shy new yorkers told her to shut the () up.... loved those guys..... ;)

Jeff_Dachowski
11-20-2010, 06:25 PM
so...I am also thinking that there will probably be a lot of ideas floating around at this shindig, but....none of them would work in my area.

Jeff

Stephanie_Millner
11-20-2010, 06:41 PM
Just make sure that you ask the speaker what camera he/she's using... at least 5 or 6 times during the lecture... during the business track.

Keith_A_Howe
11-20-2010, 07:52 PM
and ask them what they set their camera at. . . P?

Keith

Jim_Lersch
11-22-2010, 04:44 AM
Well, I'll be there the entire time and hope you all can make my pre-con seminar on the 14th with Beth Forester. I'll be staying at the Grand-Hyatt (leave messages at the front desk and I'll call you back). Jeff, Jack and George, look forward to seeing you again. Everybody else, don't be shy, come up and introduce yourself!

Cassandra_Sullivan
11-22-2010, 12:22 PM
Arriving Friday, leaving Wednesday - staying at the Grand Hyatt. Really looking forward to not sleeping much. ;)

Angela_Lawson
11-22-2010, 02:44 PM
Oh, and I forgot, my cell is 616-667-7221. So if everyone decides to do a "get to know you" gathering, please call.

Liz_Vance
11-22-2010, 05:47 PM
I'll be there Saturday to Wednesday, trailing on Steff's diamond coattails.

Oh, and Jeff, don't worry about photographing the slides. My new camera has a phone and a video camera attached to it, so I'm going to videotape all the speakers, and them post them to my website. How much do you think I should charge for that?

-e

Jeff_Dachowski
11-22-2010, 06:26 PM
I'll be there Saturday to Wednesday, trailing on Steff's diamond coattails.

Oh, and Jeff, don't worry about photographing the slides. My new camera has a phone and a video camera attached to it, so I'm going to videotape all the speakers, and them post them to my website. How much do you think I should charge for that?

-e

Thanks Liz!
I think $150 would be approriate.
Jeff

Heather_L._Smith
11-23-2010, 02:41 AM
Thanks Liz!
I think $150 would be approriate.
Jeff

Haven't you learned anything yet? $149 should be your price point..... it fools them into thinking they're not spending $150.

LoraYeater
11-26-2010, 09:24 PM
We will be arriving on Friday and staying till Wed. I will be receiving my Masters Degree this year after 3 years of competition. Looking forward to meeting many of you everyone have safe travels.

Todd_Reichman
11-27-2010, 02:11 AM
I'm thinking about going this year...

- trr

Cindi_K_McDaniel
11-27-2010, 03:01 AM
Hey Keith! I bought a new 5 pc luggage set today during one of those black Friday sales... do ya think that'll hold all the vendor handouts? Plus now I have to start shopping for RHINESTONES for when I get my degree!

GregYager
11-27-2010, 04:40 AM
Hey Keith! I bought a new 5 pc luggage set today during one of those black Friday sales... do ya think that'll hold all the vendor handouts? Plus now I have to start shopping for RHINESTONES for when I get my degree!
You get rhinestones and I have to settle for sequins:rolleyes:

Rick_Massarini
11-27-2010, 05:25 AM
You get rhinestones and I have to settle for sequins:rolleyes:

What the heck Greg, go for it - get the rhinestones - just don't forget the white jump suit, guitar and cape !!!

Joe_Campanellie
11-27-2010, 12:23 PM
We will be arriving on Friday and staying till Wed. I will be receiving my Masters Degree this year after 3 years of competition. Looking forward to meeting many of you everyone have safe travels.

Congratulations Lora...!

Heartdog
11-28-2010, 05:27 AM
I think I can go. I got complimentary admission, since I just joined PPA. In fact, this is my first post! So hi everyone : ) I'm just a little worried about cost. Flying there from San Diego, getting around, lodging, yadda yadda. Rooming with someone might not be easy, I have a big German Shepherd Assistance dog, and am in a wheelchair.
I really want to go, though! There's a pet photography seminar that I would love to take.

Tamandra Michaels
http://heartdogstudios.com

Stephanie_Millner
11-28-2010, 09:56 PM
Oh, I love German Shepherds! Fantastic dogs - I'm looking forward to meeting him (and you, of course!) at Imaging. Barb's a really good photographer - I'm sure you'll like her pet seminar.

Ella_Carlson
11-30-2010, 01:35 AM
I'll be there from noon on the 17th through the 19th. (Got a wedding to shoot for close friends on the 16th.)
Jeff... you might find one or two vendors there!

Heartdog
11-30-2010, 08:51 AM
I can't figure out how to register for that pet photography seminar. It keeps directing me to register for the whole thing, which I already am. Guess I'd better email PPA. Weird.

Tamandra Michaels
Heart Dog Studios
http://heartdogstudios.com

Heather_L._Smith
11-30-2010, 12:18 PM
Tamarada - you don't actually register for individual programs (unless it's a pre-convention program, those you pay extra for). The regular programming is set up so that you just walk in and sit down (with a couple thousand others), and see the program - there's no registration required for those.

Jeff_Dachowski
11-30-2010, 01:04 PM
Heather,
the pet program is pre con.
Jeff

Jessica_Edwards
12-02-2010, 07:42 AM
I'll be there! It will be my 3rd Imaging.

I signed up for the SMS Business Workshop. Anyone attended one of these before?

Ed_Sharp
12-02-2010, 06:13 PM
I'll be there. I'm also signed up to help set up and break down, will be attending Jim's "Seniors my way" precon class and Todd's "Stop Competing on Price!" on Monday. I'm really looking forward to the Harry Benson program also.

CindyYager
12-02-2010, 06:34 PM
I'll be there as well. I'll be in the NILMDTS class on Saturday so I can't help with the display set up but I will be helping with the tear down. The trick for me is figuring out what to wear. I want to be formal for the awards ceremony but I also want to be comfortable to help with tear down. Our hotel is 5 blocks away so I may have to find a place to make a quick change. Any suggestions on how to solve this dilemma ?

Rick_Massarini
12-02-2010, 09:18 PM
I'll be there as well. I'll be in the NILMDTS class on Saturday so I can't help with the display set up but I will be helping with the tear down. The trick for me is figuring out what to wear. I want to be formal for the awards ceremony but I also want to be comfortable to help with tear down. Our hotel is 5 blocks away so I may have to find a place to make a quick change. Any suggestions on how to solve this dilemma ?

Cindy, I'm staying right across the street - if you want to, you and Greg can stash your clothes in my room earlier in the day and you can change clothes there after the teardown, then go to the awards ceremony.

CindyYager
12-02-2010, 09:28 PM
That's awesome Rick, Thank you.

Sarah_Johnston
12-09-2010, 04:18 AM
I will be there. Stop by the ACI Booth and say Hi. Not I do not normally work for ACI, I just help out at IUSA. But it means I don't get out to play with friends. SO PLZ come see me!!

dawnvalentim
12-11-2010, 05:49 AM
I am going, and I am so excited! This will be my first time, but what makes it even more special is that it will also by my honeymoon! My husband and I decided to combine the two, and I can't wait!

(Now if only the price of tickets there would go down. We've only bought the return flight tickets so far... Ugh)

Rick_Massarini
12-11-2010, 07:24 AM
Have you checked Southwest Airlines? They were running a special - anywhere they fly each way $59. I checked my fight and found that I could have gotten it for $100 less if I had waited to book it - turns out that booking early doesn't always get you the lowest rates... Check them out and see if their special is still on...

Joe_Campanellie
12-11-2010, 03:11 PM
Rick...my wife checked that out and couldn't find that deal. The fine prints seems to say..."starting" at $59.

We're registered but have no room or flight yet. Have to see how that goes. If we can't find any good deals we may be staying home too.

Jackie_Haggerty
12-13-2010, 04:10 AM
I'll be there Friday to Wednesday morning, staying and the Hyatt. Saturday and Sunday morning to early afternoon, you may find me at the Marriott Riverwalk, though, greeting and guiding people as an Ambassador.

Monday at 11 I will be speaking in the Hand Crafted/Wild Sorbet booth at the trade show, so stop by!

My husband is arriving Monday afternoon to join in for the Awards and Degrees Ceremony as my sponsor - getting my Masters this time around!

Sarah_Johnston
12-13-2010, 04:27 AM
Oh Joe! Say it ain't so!!

dpalme
12-14-2010, 04:17 PM
I am planning on sitting in the front row, with my studio stand, camera and laptop tethered so in case my pictures don't come out right I can ask the speaker to move a foot forward or backwards

Stan_Lawrence
12-14-2010, 04:22 PM
getting my Masters this time around!

Congratulations..... my, my, you've come a long way in a short time.....:cool:

Angela_Lawson
12-14-2010, 06:50 PM
Way to go Jackie!!!

Jackie_Haggerty
12-14-2010, 07:09 PM
Congratulations..... my, my, you've come a long way in a short time.....:cool:

Thanks, Stan. It's amazing what you can do when you put your mind to it!

Jackie_Haggerty
12-14-2010, 07:11 PM
Way to go Jackie!!!

Thanks, Angela!

amphotostudio
12-14-2010, 11:19 PM
I'll be there with friend Kristy from Sat-Wed. staying at the Hilton. My first year!

kdfloyd
12-15-2010, 05:36 PM
Kevin Floyd, Just Booked. Looking for room mate, staying at the Main Marriot Hotel

dpalme
12-15-2010, 07:24 PM
Congratulations Jackie!

Marc_Benjamin
12-15-2010, 08:44 PM
getting my Masters this time around!

Gratz and welcome to the club!

gailcarver
12-22-2010, 07:25 PM
I will be there with my hubby, staying at the Crockett!

Howard_Barlow
12-23-2010, 07:07 AM
- getting my Masters this time around!

You go, girl! Congratulations!

Ed_Sharp
01-10-2011, 03:21 PM
Yesterday I could barely get out of my chair due to the reoccurrence of some bulging disc problems, but if I can get myself onto the airplane I will be there. I really need the kick in the butt I get from IUSA, not to mention all my travel reservations are non refundable.:rolleyes:

Jonathan_Brown
01-10-2011, 03:25 PM
We go every other year, especially since we went to Photoshop World in Vegas this past September and our state convention is in less than two weeks. You all have fun!

We are definitely headed to New Orleans next year!

Joe_Campanellie
01-10-2011, 06:04 PM
Mary Jean and I will be there...found a room only three blocks away for ony $69.

Coming in on Friday to do some sightseeing...anything good within walking distance besides the Alamo and the Riverwalk?

Jackie_Haggerty
01-10-2011, 06:46 PM
Mary Jean and I will be there...found a room only three blocks away for ony $69.

Coming in on Friday to do some sightseeing...anything good within walking distance besides the Alamo and the Riverwalk?

Joe, I will be there Friday also hanging with a local friend, Brenda. I don't think it's walking distance, but we are planning on heading to the Mission San Jose - she said it's a 5-10 minute drive from downtown. http://www.nps.gov/saan/planyourvisit/sanjose.htm
(http://www.nps.gov/saan/planyourvisit/sanjose.htm)

Kellyz09
01-10-2011, 08:04 PM
I will be there at the Sendoutcard booth

Still looking for a roommate Staying at the Marriot Riverwalk if you know anyone who wants to save some cash for the tradeshow!

Tss1203
01-10-2011, 08:13 PM
oh no Ed! I hope you can make it. My husband and I rented a car, so we can drive you from the hotel to the conference if you need a ride.

Joe_Campanellie
01-10-2011, 09:21 PM
Jackie...That looks like a neat place to visit. maybe we can catch a bus or something out there. Will have to check when we get there. For now I just hope these ice storms down south don't move this way. That could make a real mess of out travel plans.

Chris_10
01-10-2011, 10:00 PM
I'll be there for the whole thing. I'll be wearing Ed Hardy shirts and pleated jeans because my mom says that's what's in these days. For the trade show I'll be dressed in all black and have my camera with it's black and gold Nikon strap and my 70-200mm F/2.8 mounted so everyone will know I'm a serious photographer. I'll be handing out my business cards to all the ladies just in case any of them, any of them at all, no really, any of them want to meet up for drinks later. I can't wait!!

Michael_Gan
01-10-2011, 10:19 PM
I'll be there for the whole thing. I'll be wearing Ed Hardy shirts and pleated jeans because my mom says that's what's in these days. For the trade show I'll be dressed in all black and have my camera with it's black and gold Nikon strap and my 70-200mm F/2.8 mounted so everyone will know I'm a serious photographer. I'll be handing out my business cards to all the ladies just in case any of them, any of them at all, no really, any of them want to meet up for drinks later. I can't wait!!Oh well....at least it's not an all white three piece suit with white buckle patent leathers :D

Janet_Ciummei
01-10-2011, 10:33 PM
Stephanie I'll be there if I'm successful in finding a roomie! I'm still looking.

I currently have a room at the Hilton but that may change.
Arriving on the 14th and leaving on the 19th.
Looking forward to seeing everyone.
978-621-6533

Jackie_Haggerty
01-11-2011, 06:09 AM
For now I just hope these ice storms down south don't move this way. That could make a real mess of out travel plans.

I'm hoping the same thing, Joe!

If you want to know of whats around from a local, I can connect you with Brenda- she's great and would be happy to talk to you about what to do when you are there.

northcuttphoto
01-11-2011, 06:20 AM
Jackie just saw your from Bloomington. Maybe we will run into each other. I am in Springfield.

Anyways. First year to attend and look forward to it. I am staying at the Hyatt Place Riverwalk. Was able to get a great deal (well being military doesnt hurt).

I look forward to meeting new people and learning!

Jason

Chris_10
01-11-2011, 03:30 PM
Oh well....at least it's not an all white three piece suit with white buckle patent leathers :D

I only wear that when I'm assisting. :)

tmpollock
01-12-2011, 08:27 AM
I am driving over. Will arrive sometime early Saturday evening as long as this cold weather down here doesn't produce any unfavorable driving conditions.. We are staying with a local friend. I had hoped to get there for the pre-con classes. Especially the one with Beth and Jim but it wasn't meant to be.. Maybe another time! This is my first year and I am extremely excited!

Elizabeth_Pokela
01-14-2011, 06:35 AM
I'm not on the forum much these days but decided at the last minute to come to the show. I'm here with no luggage :( (hopefully it'll show up sometime between now and the am). Staying through Wed. doing a couple of pre-cons and maybe helping out with prints. See y'all around.

It's my first year in 3 years without crutches or the ankle boot--yea!

dpalme
01-15-2011, 06:49 PM
Finally arrived yesterday, had dinner last night with my brother, someone I have not seen in 18 years.....

Had a great first half day in the sit stay and learn session.

Tss1203
01-15-2011, 09:29 PM
:( Bummer. I'm not sure I'll be able to make it to the meet and greet tonight. I've been sick all day and even got sick on the plane several times. I'm hoping I can shake it and feel better later, but we'll see. Have fun if I don't get to see everyone!

Missy50
01-15-2011, 10:51 PM
Hope you feel better soon!

Howard_Barlow
01-15-2011, 10:58 PM
I'm not sure I'll be able to make it to the meet and greet tonight.

Hope you're feeling better.

K_Jordan
01-16-2011, 01:25 AM
I'm here now, staying off the beaten path, and now that the Steelers won the playoff game I'm looking for something to do. Oh, and this is my first IUSA as well as my first trip to San Antonio.

dpalme
01-16-2011, 04:53 PM
I need to go find the CPS area and drop off some equipment for my free clean and check.

K_Jordan
01-16-2011, 08:53 PM
Free clean and check you say? I was not aware there was such a fabulous deal anywhere.

Mark_Katz
01-17-2011, 12:06 AM
I only arrived today so I didn't get to a meet and greet last night (was there one?). Who was there and will there be another one? I did meet Jeff D. this afternoon along with his his wife Carol and Betsy L. Nice folks in real life ( as compared to the digital realm) :)

dpalme
01-17-2011, 02:22 AM
Not sure if there is a plan for another one, I'm game if everyone else is....

Yes, there is such a freebie for CPS members - 4 pieces of equipment at no cost....best deal you'll find anywhere.