PDA

View Full Version : After Dark Vegas...Feb 16-18

Dave_Junion
11-15-2010, 04:31 PM
AD Vegas....Feb 16th thru the 18th right before WPPI.
WPPI was excited that we are there and are giving everyone who registers for AD a free Tradeshow pass.
Tuesday we will be have an extra day and have teams of mentors taking location trips with attendees that want to go...oh...There will be no extra cost.....AD is all inclusive and we will never nickel and dime you with special " classes"
With the AD format Vegas is going to be the perfect venue to burst the creative restraints
Also, as a thank you for anyone who has been to one of the first 5 After Dark experiences we would like to give $75 off until Nov. 25th
use >ADE< for the discount code.
Thanks everyone for letting us making the After Dark experience a reality.

Register for AD Vegas
https://secure.marathonweb.com/afterdarkedu.com/all/register/63

Dave_Junion
11-17-2010, 03:20 AM
MAny of the mentors are wired for Vegas. suggestions for the tuesday pre event so far has been the neon sign grave yard, Ghost town, the dessert, and from Peter Holcombe whois going nuts over this is:
> I'd love to organize and mentor an adventure sports pod/location trip. I am thinking rock climbing, slack-lining and mountain biking talent to shoot with. I think I can get this together in time. Let me know if this of interest and I'll start calling in favors from my friends in the outdoor adventure world.

Dave_Junion
11-17-2010, 05:34 AM
A friend of AD has a conection to hook us up with major tallent for AD Vegas....a sample :
Pro: Dancers, Acrobats, Aerialist, Freerunners, Bodybuilders, Martial artists, Hand to Hand artists, Actors, Mongolian Contortionists, musical bands, Mountain Bikers, Roller Bladers (field trip to the half pipe?), Snowboarders (mountain is 30 min drive) and Motocross racers. Most of these people work for Cirque Du Soleil and are great at their trades, they also love getting there photos taken.

this is going to be good....

George_Hawkins
11-18-2010, 12:15 AM
What's the headquarters hotel?

Dave_Junion
11-20-2010, 05:39 AM
not sure yet, We are still negotiating and should have it solid by the end of next week....

Dave_Junion
11-25-2010, 06:54 AM
Thank you to everyone and please, pay it forward.

Dave_Junion
11-26-2010, 02:14 PM
Thanks to everyone who has made the choice to be a part of After Dark Vegas. Because the deadline for the discount was on a holiday some people were unable to make it and have asked to have it extended a day. SO it is. The $75 discount is good until Midnight tonight! making registration $325! Code "ADE" will get you a creative, solution filled experience with great photographers in Vegas Feb 16-18th with the free pre con sessions on tuesday. Hope to see you there.

Dave_Junion
12-06-2010, 07:15 PM
From Travis Gugelman:

HELP WANTED
As many of you know 5 AD mentors went to Ecuador to use our talents to bless the many children living in orphanages. Well, WHCC has stepped up in a big way and is going to make image boxes for all the girls at the girls orphanage and I am sending them down and these girls will all have a personalized image box on Christmas morning!!!!
We will be putting wallets and 4x6's as well so the girls can trade them with the other girls who they have lived with most of their lives.
I thought it would be fun to also put in some little necklaces and small jewelry for these girls. They do not need to be expensive....actually better if they are not.
But we are making 30 boxes and would love some help in filling these boxes!!!
Please post if you are interested!!!

http://www.facebook.com/afterdarkedu/posts/467297780162
Thanks
And THANKS After Dark for helping in earning over $10,000 dollars this year to go 100% to this great cause!!!!
Please help us pay it forward.

We will be filling 2 suitcases with the boxes and sending them with a couple that is heading down on December 20th this way we are certain they will get there vs' using the mail.
My studio will be filling the boxes.

My mailing address is:
Gugelman Photography
20 East Main Street
Rexburg Id. 83440

Thanks everyone.....to the joy of the moment...Dave

Dave_Junion
12-07-2010, 06:24 AM
Thanks Travis for allowing After Dark to be a part of a great cause. It has only been a year and After Dark has raised over $24,000 for organizations like Operation smile, Dress for success and now the Orphanages in Ecuador. That is what this is really all about.....being able to create opportunities for those who would may never had the chance....Thank you to everyone involved....play hard...give happy...

Dave_Junion
12-08-2010, 12:51 AM
The hotel reservation system is up for us:
https://resweb.passkey.com/go/ADE2011
Room rate is $109 with NO RESORT FEE!
We have a large block but book now because we ran in to rooms selling out in New Orleans. Also, Please book at the Hilton, To get the space we need to have the event we need to commit to a number of rooms....and if they do not book, I will be buying the rooms myself....smile..

We still have $50 off registration if you book now...code "ADE"
Thanks, Dave

Dave_Junion
12-11-2010, 04:26 AM
Not many people I know will give as much as Travis to things he really believes in. At orientation in New Orleans Trvis made the mistake of saying for $1000 donated to the orphanage, he would shave his head. 5 mins. later Dan Rowe had a shaver and Jen was living her dream as a Beauty scholl drop out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHvlhupkY1U

Dave_Junion
12-14-2010, 02:49 AM
Kaui is A friend of After Dark form Hawaii. She came to Portland last fall and has been good enough to share a few thoughts on how to prepare for AD Vegas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tejcsZjuN8I

Thanks, Kaui, she will be back with more to share...

Dave_Junion
12-16-2010, 06:39 PM
Plans for After Dark Las Vegas are screaming along and After Dark has decided to crete a a special incentive for staying at the Las Vegas Hilton Las Vegas and and us fill our room block!

RPG Keys and After Dark are working together to create one incentive to be a part of After Dark Las Vegas. Until Christmas we are offering a $50 discount ( $350 total) to register. Code “ RPG”

Everyone registered for After Dark Las Vegas and staying at the Hilton we be invited Tuesday night from 8pm until midnight for special bonus sessions.

Kathy Holcombe - sales!
One of the sessions will be Kathy Holcombe going in on sales! Kathy has become a favorite in New Orleans and Portland because of her knowledge and delivery of sales and marketing expertise. Kathy’s thoughts for the evening are:
“ Maximizing the sale of portraiture and wedding photography is an art form that takes skill and craftsmanship that begins long before the shutter ever opens, and includes many factors. This intensive, two hour bonus pod will walk you through the entire sales process including selecting which products to offer, pricing them and presenting them to your clients in an irresistible way, planning the session with your clients to maximize the sale, and finally closing the deal using ProSelect in the sales theater. Bring your price list and get ready to maximize your wedding and portrait sales!”

Travis Gugelman - charty!
Another session will be Travis Gugelman sharing his thoughts on charity and how he incorporates sharing his good fortune with the people around him. Travis will also be sharing information about After Dark’s Ecuador experience and how the over $10,000 After Dark has helped raise so far is impacting the lives of children.

Tim Riley - 4 hours of Lightroom!
Tim Riley from RGP Keys blew everyone away in Portland with his extreme knowledge of lightrooom! Tim will be presenting a 4 hour detailed journey of a workflow solution.
From Tim:
Workshop Title: Using Lightroom to bring the fun and profit back into your business!

To Bring:
Laptop
Card reader
CF card full of images
Lightroom installed on your machine.

Abstract:
Sometimes all we need is to shake up our routine. We invite you to experience Adobe’s Lightroom and the power it has to offer to help you edits your photographs so you can keep doing what you love – taking more! This workshop is for the newbie as well as those already using Lightroom. We are hoping to teach you new tricks and offer a fresh perspective.

But get ready to roll up your sleeves, because this is not a seminar or a lecture where you can mentally check out. We know that won’t help you. So, open those laptops and be prepared to navigate through the tricks with me! I don’t want you merely taking notes; I want you to be able to hit the ground running as soon as you can because time is in short supply!

Topic’s covered will include:
Downloading CF cards the correct way in LR
Automated Image Backup within LR
Renaming files for a happy life
Organizing files for a happier life
What the hell is a preview & which size to select
Understanding the Library Module
Understanding the Develop Module
Using & Making Lightroom Presets
Can I use Lightroom & still use Photoshop?
Batching corrections from Lightroom into Photoshop.
Printing using Lightroom
Exporting with Lightroom
Publishing using Lightroom
Retouching in Lightroom is amazing. How to?

IF you have not yet registered for After Dark Las Vegas use the discount code “ RPG” for a $50 discount.

Thanks….and Holiday Happiness. Dave

Dave_Junion
12-16-2010, 06:41 PM
Plans for After Dark Las Vegas are screaming along and After Dark has decided to crete a a special incentive for staying at the Las Vegas Hilton Las Vegas and us fill our room block!

RPG Keys and After Dark are working together to create one incentive to be a part of After Dark Las Vegas. Until Christmas we are offering a $50 discount ( $350 total) to register. Code “ RPG”

Everyone registered for After Dark Las Vegas and staying at the Hilton we be invited Tuesday night from 8pm until midnight for special bonus sessions.

Kathy Holcombe - sales!
One of the sessions will be Kathy Holcombe going in on sales! Kathy has become a favorite in New Orleans and Portland because of her knowledge and delivery of sales and marketing expertise. Kathy’s thoughts for the evening are:
“ Maximizing the sale of portraiture and wedding photography is an art form that takes skill and craftsmanship that begins long before the shutter ever opens, and includes many factors. This intensive, two hour bonus pod will walk you through the entire sales process including selecting which products to offer, pricing them and presenting them to your clients in an irresistible way, planning the session with your clients to maximize the sale, and finally closing the deal using ProSelect in the sales theater. Bring your price list and get ready to maximize your wedding and portrait sales!”

Travis Gugelman - charty!
Another session will be Travis Gugelman sharing his thoughts on charity and how he incorporates sharing his good fortune with the people around him. Travis will also be sharing information about After Dark’s Ecuador experience and how the over $10,000 After Dark has helped raise so far is impacting the lives of children.

Tim Riley - 4 hours of Lightroom!
Tim Riley from RGP Keys blew everyone away in Portland with his extreme knowledge of lightrooom! Tim will be presenting a 4 hour detailed journey of a workflow solution.
From Tim:
Workshop Title: Using Lightroom to bring the fun and profit back into your business!

To Bring:
Laptop
Card reader
CF card full of images
Lightroom installed on your machine.

Abstract:
Sometimes all we need is to shake up our routine. We invite you to experience Adobe’s Lightroom and the power it has to offer to help you edits your photographs so you can keep doing what you love – taking more! This workshop is for the newbie as well as those already using Lightroom. We are hoping to teach you new tricks and offer a fresh perspective.

But get ready to roll up your sleeves, because this is not a seminar or a lecture where you can mentally check out. We know that won’t help you. So, open those laptops and be prepared to navigate through the tricks with me! I don’t want you merely taking notes; I want you to be able to hit the ground running as soon as you can because time is in short supply!

Topic’s covered will include:
Downloading CF cards the correct way in LR
Automated Image Backup within LR
Renaming files for a happy life
Organizing files for a happier life
What the hell is a preview & which size to select
Understanding the Library Module
Understanding the Develop Module
Using & Making Lightroom Presets
Can I use Lightroom & still use Photoshop?
Batching corrections from Lightroom into Photoshop.
Printing using Lightroom
Exporting with Lightroom
Publishing using Lightroom
Retouching in Lightroom is amazing. How to?

IF you have not yet registered for After Dark Las Vegas use the discount code “ RPG” for a $50 discount.

Thanks….and Holiday Happiness. Dave

Dave_Junion
12-17-2010, 05:21 PM
good day to everyone. Got to be excited, it is suppose to get up to 18 degrees today! After Dark is doing a complete web site make over and we would like to ask a favor of everyone that has attended an after Dark event. We are looking for a 60 secs video clip on what you think After Dark is, your thoughts and anything after dark has done for you. Please up load to:
https://public.me.com/afterdarkedu in the next couple days if you can. (hit the up arrow on the title bar to upload)
Many thanks to every one...

Dave_Junion
12-20-2010, 11:19 PM
Just a note on the schedule:
Tuesday 15th - bonus day - random Location sessions / Bonus pods at night if you are staying at the hotel
Weds - Orientation 10:30 am / 1:30 to 2 am we rock
Thurs...10 am - 2 am full day --
Fri... 10 am - 2 am ...full day

We are changing the evening orientation to Weds morning so we can get a whole day of work in......Also, Friday will be scheduled all day into the evening. We think this is going to give us an extra 5 hours of education to present and not have a half day unstructured.
thanks

Dave_Junion
12-20-2010, 11:46 PM
Kathy Holcombe has put together a 3 day business course " Beyond the Images" that will help create the foundation your studio needs to be successful. ( class is limited to 30 AD Vegas students,will go weds,thurs and Fri from 1:30 to 4:30, first to sign up wins)
Info is at:
http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?topic=15922&post=74740&uid=130503100162#post74740

https://secure.marathonweb.com/afterdarkedu.com/all/register/64

Dave_Junion
01-05-2011, 01:30 AM
Greetings everyone, We just launched our new site at http://afterdarkedu.com/

Take a look and let us know what you think. thanks...