PDA

View Full Version : Leather Gallery Wraps

Heather_Latimer
11-15-2010, 01:20 AM
At Imaging this year in Nashville, one of the vendors was displaying leather gallery wraps. But I can't for the life of me find information on them, and of course I can't remember who the lab was! Does anyone remember the leather wraps and can point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Rick_Massarini
11-15-2010, 05:29 AM
Gallery wraps are canvas mounted prints wrapped around a thick stretcher frame so the image wraps around the stretcher. I have no idea what a "leather" gallery wrap would be - might you be getting this confused with an album? I've never heard of anyone printing on leather - if so, it really wouldn't be all that archival or permanent since the tanning process requires the use of acid and also - leather tends to rot.

Heather_Latimer
11-15-2010, 12:49 PM
Thanks for the reply, Rick! I'm definitely not getting them confused with albums. :) As for archival purposes it may not be "true" leather, but gave the look of it and was stretched around the stretcher frames just as a gallery wrap canvas is. Very sleek presentation! I believe this lab was also displaying metal prints as well as some albums.

Tss1203
11-16-2010, 02:10 AM
I saw these as well, but I can't remember which labs offer it :(

Rick_Massarini
11-16-2010, 04:56 AM
But then again... I may have just not seen them... heck, they're printing on just about anything nowdays - so why not on leather... I guess the philosophy now is "who cares how long it lasts as long as it sells NOW !

George_Hawkins
11-17-2010, 12:45 AM
Maybe it's a leather texture on some media we are not yet familiar with, and then printed similar to printing on canvas media, and wrapped. I find it interesting.
We need someone like Cheri! Did she see?

CindyMoss
11-18-2010, 07:48 PM
We have Leather Wraps here at Burrell Colour Imaging. They are not really made of leather, but they do give the appearance and look of a fine leather grain surface in a luster tone finish. If you'd like more information on them, please give us a call or take a look at page 32 of our catalog.

Here's the link to download our catalog in PDF form:

http://www.burrellcolourimaging.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2_198

Thanks!
Cindy Moss
Burrell Colour Imaging