PDA

View Full Version : I need a Speaker Merit.

Howard_Kier
11-10-2010, 11:07 PM
I'm just one Speaker Merit shy of earning my Craftsman Degree......

Jeff_Dachowski
11-11-2010, 01:56 AM
Howard,
Can you give a program to a local affiliate, or do a super monday?
Jeff

Joe_Campanellie
11-11-2010, 02:16 AM
I'm with Jeff...I'd get real busy contacting your local groups. Must be someone in your area who needs a speaker.

Keith_A_Howe
11-11-2010, 05:11 AM
Not to rain on your parade, but before I'd invest too much time in finding a place to get that last merit, I'd double check with Christel at PPA. For some reason I think I remember there is a Novemeber 1 deadline to get earn merits for a degree at IUSA. I could be wrong though.

Keith

Howard_Kier
11-11-2010, 07:45 AM
Keith,

You're right about the deadline. However, I really don't care about the actual date I'm given the award. I just want to be able to have earned the degree. Besides, if I shoot for '12, I've got a realistic chance of making it.

Betsy_Finn
11-11-2010, 01:46 PM
Howard, just hold a Super Monday :) -- that should get you the merit you need (as long as you can get a few attendees to show up!).

Howard_Kier
11-11-2010, 03:19 PM
With a studio in my house and after what happened the last time I held a SuperMonday, I'm not sure I'd have a wife if I have another SuperMonday :eek:

Besides, I'm getting a bit tired of doing SuperMondays.

Joe_Galioto
11-11-2010, 03:51 PM
howard,
what happened last time?
i've hosted 2 sm myself, not the best experiances. both times i had direct completion show up to nosy around.
joe

Betsy_Finn
11-12-2010, 12:22 AM
Well, see if a friend will host your super monday ;) -- or a nearby photo vendor. When I did a super monday, I didn't hold it at my studio, I asked my lab to host it for me. It was 1+ hour drive for me, but that also meant my competition was less likely to show up ;) also