PDA

View Full Version : Hope they got the my submission

Vance_Wagener
10-23-2010, 02:00 AM
The web interface was acting weird last night when I was submitting my port for CPP. So just to double check I wrote an email:

I suspect it was because of heavy traffic. But when I uploaded my port for CPP it never did show the picture that I had uploaded. And at the end it said Thank you for uploading your portfolio here is a summary of your
submission: then it listed Image 1 , Image 2 , Image 3 etc. It did not list the file name or show any images.

Could you please verify that it did in fact upload and submit 20 images for me?

Thank you for your time.

The message got bounced back today saying no such user??

<cpp@ppa.com>:
12.229.105.66 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 550 No such user (cpp@ppa.com) Giving up on 12.229.105.66.

--- Below this line is a copy of the message.

I really hope they got my submission. By the time I noticed the message was bounced back it was too late to call.

Did anyone else experience the same thing ?

Betsy_Finn
10-23-2010, 02:04 AM
Got this off the CPP website.... so I'd try uploading again if I were you.

We have identified a technical issue that has been preventing the full upload of images by candidates. This began to occur Thursday, October 21 and continues today. Our IT Department is working to fix this issue.
The final image submission review deadline has been extended to midnight of Friday, October 22, 2010. Any portfolios submitted after that date and time will not be reviewed.

We appreciate your understanding. Btw, the email address is: PPCC@certifiedphotographer.com

GregYager
10-23-2010, 02:12 AM
I talked to them on three separate occasions today and from what I understand the problem is fixed so definitely try your upload again if you haven't already. Deadline is Midnight tonight(Eastern time)

Howard_Kier
10-23-2010, 03:15 PM
I didn't notice any problems when I submitted my images for recertification. However, it would have been really nice to receive confirmation my portfolio was received.

BTW, if there were technical issues and I'm just hearing about them on Saturday, it would have been nice if the deadline was extended until Monday to give everybody a chance to verify their portfolios were received.

GregYager
10-23-2010, 04:20 PM
The technical issues came up Thursday and were resolved by Friday. I asked them to contact me and confirm receipt. I received one e-mail and two phone calls confirming that they made it there. Now I just have the long wait to see if they passed.

Any idea how long that takes?

Howard_Kier
10-24-2010, 02:18 AM
It will take about 3 weeks before you are notified.

GregYager
10-24-2010, 02:27 AM
It will take about 3 weeks before you are notified.

I think I can live with that. Would you happen to know how long it takes to get results from the written test?

Vance_Wagener
10-24-2010, 07:11 AM
Just reading this today.:( I would be so bummed if it didn't upload.

Vance_Wagener
10-28-2010, 03:17 PM
I did get a email that they did indeed get my submission. Whew....:)

GregYager
10-28-2010, 03:43 PM
Now for the wait. I think I read somewhere that it could take as much as a month to get results.