PDA

View Full Version : Test on Oct 24th

GregYager
10-22-2010, 04:23 PM
Will anyone here be taking the written exam on October 24th in Springfield, IL?

Roger_Williams
10-22-2010, 07:28 PM
Greg,

PM sent.

Roger

Cindi_K_McDaniel
10-23-2010, 03:45 AM
Good luck man! I can hardly wait to welcome you to the club LOL

GregYager
10-23-2010, 04:18 AM
Thanks Cindi. I shall do my best!

GregYager
10-24-2010, 10:03 PM
Well I just finished my test and I think I survived! Gonna cross my fingers and hope all is well.

Vance_Wagener
10-24-2010, 11:10 PM
Good luck Greg... The test will be my next step... Just too busy this time of year to be away from business.

GregYager
10-25-2010, 02:17 PM
Thanks Vance. I feel pretty confident about it but then again that confidence could be my downfall. It seems a lot of people were too busy to take the test yesterday. There was 4 scheduled to take it and only 2 of us showed up.

It was the Associated Professional Photographers of Illinois Fall Conference that we attended and they said overall attendance was down as well. We still had a great time and everyone made us feel right at home. We felt so comfortable we're considering joining their organization even though we're from Kentucky. They're an awesome group of people and I hope to meet even more of them at the next conference.

Good luck on your image submission btw. I think your work is quite impressive so I'm sure you'll do fine. I got conflicting advice on what to put in the statement of purpose area so I may have screwed up there. Some said make it very short and some said write at least a paragraph. I went with very short figuring they were more interested in seeing my work and less interested in hearing me explain it. The form really didn't specify what was required so maybe they'll see my bullet lines as a relief to their tired eyes and cut me some slack. :)

Vance_Wagener
10-28-2010, 06:21 AM
Greg, Thanks for the comment on the port. I simply put Sr. Portrait, Wedding, Business Portrait, etc. for statement of purpose. I did get a message back that they indeed get my submission. I wish I could have tested like you did. It would be nice to have it all done at once.