PDA

View Full Version : CPP Deadline is Looming

GregYager
10-12-2010, 05:42 PM
Thank you to everyone who has taken the time from their busy schedule to give some great critiques.

There's still work to be done though and it's a bit much for just a handful of good people to tackle.

The deadline for submitting certification images is October 22nd. That's just 10 days from the date of this post. At last count there are only 213 images in the CPP upload gallery to be reviewed but many of those have been there for weeks without a review. This can be discouraging to new members that are full of energy and ready to take their place in this organization.

I know I'm probably throwing myself to the wolves here but we need some help from those of you with the experience and talent necessary to help others achieve the standards that brought us to the PPA in the first place.

Consider this an open challenge to everyone qualified to review the images. We are taking this very seriously. We appreciate your willingness to help and recognize your talents as worthy. We respect the things you have to say about the submissions and if they need work, tell us. If they are terrible, tell us. If you see something good, feel free to share that as well.

I recently watched the webinar on the certification process and was excited about it when they repeatedly mentioned that one of the greatest assets was right here on this forum where people could have their work critiqued before submission. I was quickly dismayed when I started looking at that gallery and saw the reality. The images didn't bring me down because let's face it, they are created by new photographers still striving to perfect their art. The part that got to me was knowing that these people were laying their best on the line and sitting anxiously by their computer screens and weeks would go by with not so much as a rating. This wasn't what I expected after watching the webinar. To me it was the equivalent of taking a mid-term exam and watching the teacher put it aside while he read his paper.

I don't want this post to be taken as a negative rant but rather a plea for renewed motivation to help others. I understand burn out. I understand frustration. What I'm asking is for you to look in your heart and try to remember what it was like when you first decided to become a photographer. The excitement, the enthusiasm, the desire to eat, think and breathe photography. Help us to achieve what you have already become because without you we cannot grow.

Thank you for your time and I promise that once qualified to do so I will work hard to pass on my knowledge and help others excel within this organization. I am here for the long haul.

GregYager
10-12-2010, 09:20 PM
I almost forgot to mention that the galleries appear to have some glitches at the moment and thumbnails are not showing up but the full size images are there. Hoping someone will notice this and correct the problem.

GregYager
10-13-2010, 04:52 AM
Critiques began popping up about 45 minutes after this original post.

Thank you thank you THANK YOU!!