PDA

View Full Version : Album Entries + using a graphic designer

ChontelleBrown
09-28-2010, 03:07 AM
I am considering entering several of my first year and maternity/newborn albums in comp this coming year. Since my graphic designer does most of the page designs, am I allowed to enter these? I am assuming multi-maker album is referring to more than one photographer.

Thanks,
Chontelle

Keith_A_Howe
09-28-2010, 04:10 AM
You are correct. A multi-maker album means more then one photographer. There is nothing in the rules that says you can't use a designer for an album entry.

Keith

ChontelleBrown
09-28-2010, 02:37 PM
Thank you, Keith. That's good news and expands my possible entries.

Another question, I thought we were allowed to enter both a print case and an album 'case' for a total of 8 entries. After reading the rules again, it sounds like we can only enter one case which can be a combination of prints and albums. Which is correct?

Thanks.

Keith_A_Howe
09-28-2010, 02:52 PM
You can enter one case of any combination of 4 entries in the photography competition. They can be entered as actual prints/albums or as digital files or as a combination.

Keith

ChontelleBrown
09-28-2010, 02:56 PM
Do albums count toward a POTY award just as a print would?

I'm full of questions today....but at least I'm thinking about my comp prints before March. :)

Thanks again,
Chontelle

Keith_A_Howe
09-28-2010, 04:49 PM
Yes they do. I will recieve a POTY award this year and three of my entries were albums.

Keith