PDA

View Full Version : Empty River

Ron_Jackson
09-26-2010, 03:25 AM
Did you know the river will be drained in the city of San Antonio durning the convention? That really sucks as that is the best part of the city is the River Walk with actual water in the river. They drain it each year to clean it out and the offical dates this is are Jan 3 the 11th.

Here it is off their website:

The River is drained each year in January by the City of San Antonio Department of Downtown Operations. For more information on the draining, you can visit them at their web site www.sanantonio.gov/dtops/riverdrain.asp
Below are the dates they have set for future draining:

2010: Jan. 3-12
2011: Jan. 3-11
2012: Jan. 2-8
2013: Jan. 2-10.

rough the

David_Capano
09-26-2010, 03:30 AM
Ron,

ImagingUSA is January 16-18, 2011. :D

Zack_Davis
09-26-2010, 03:50 AM
Yeah I was gonna say it was full last time we were in SA for the convention. :)

Rick_Massarini
09-26-2010, 10:26 AM
Yeah, it was full last time, but there were no boats on the river during the convention last time... too cold...but it was a successful convention anyway... in spite of the freeze last time...
Also.. are you there to see the convention or the Riverwalk??? The Riverwalk is just a tourist trap anyway... and being from N'Awlins, I know a little bit about tourist traps...

Ron_Jackson
09-26-2010, 11:20 AM
Oops. My bad. For some reason I was thinking the convention was earlier. In the past it has been earlier right?

Rick it's not about the "tourist trap", it's about the experience for those who have not been there or seen the River Walk. I have been there many times so it's no big deal for me. However, it does present some fun and interesting photo ops especially at twilight and at night. Not much else around there is very "scenic" especially at that time of year. Well at least we will have fresh clean water in the river when we get there.

Jim_Lersch
09-26-2010, 02:58 PM
Hopefully, the Christmas lights will still be up in the trees along the RiverWalk while we're there. The reflections in the water are gorgeous.