PDA

View Full Version : A sad day

Keith_A_Howe
09-22-2010, 05:03 PM
I just learned that my good friend and PEC administrator Jim Dingwell has resigned. I cannot imagine anyone being able to fill Jim's shoes. I have known Jim for 30 years. This is a very sad day for anyone involved with competition, either as a judge or a member entering. I wish Jim well wherever he goes next. He will certainly make a mark.

Keith

Angela_Lawson
09-22-2010, 06:50 PM
Sorry to hear that. I never had an opportunity to meet or talk with him, but thru this forum, I know that he was a help to many. I wish him the best, and know that he will be missed.

Angela

Marc_Benjamin
09-22-2010, 07:08 PM
While this comes as a shock to me (half of me hopes this is a totally late April fools joke), I wish him the best.

Keith_Goodman
09-22-2010, 07:56 PM
Too sad, really nice guy. Ditto your wishes for the best for him.

Linda_Gregory
09-22-2010, 09:29 PM
Here is hoping Mr Dingwell is off to some fun, new adventure! We will all miss his touch but I also know he's got ALL the ducks in a row for whomever takes it over.

Mark_Levesque
09-22-2010, 11:18 PM
Best luck to Mr Dingwell in wherever he goes from here. One hopes it was an opportunity he could not afford to pass up and not a reaction to recent changes in print competition or anything else negative.

Missy50
09-23-2010, 12:01 AM
I met him at imaging and he was kind enough to show me around the print competition and explain a lot to me. Very nice man.

Zack_Davis
09-23-2010, 12:51 AM
Definitely wish him the best of luck in whatever he's off to do now! :)

Stephanie_Millner
09-23-2010, 08:06 AM
Oh wow. He'll surely be missed. I hope he finds whatever his next job is far more relaxing. Speaking of which, perhaps I should stop emailing him monthly to find out if he finally received my print case from last year's regionals...

Cassandra_Sullivan
09-23-2010, 07:50 PM
ha Steff! Maybe you put him over the edge! ;)

Whatever his reasons, I'm sure his life will be a bit more serene now. For the rest of us - we will greatly miss his involvement in Print Competition.

Heather_L._Smith
09-23-2010, 08:18 PM
Oh my gosh!! I'm so sad to hear that. Jim is an excellent man, and wherever he goes next (maybe a beach in the Caribbean for a while), they are lucky to have him.

Heaven help whoever signs up for that job :)