PDA

View Full Version : Re-Certification/Re-Testing!

Marc_Benjamin
09-12-2010, 06:01 PM
I know I could just call up the office and ask but I think other people might want to know the answer.

I'm up for re-certification and I'm considering taking the test again.

Q: Do I have to pay for the exam? Full price or discounted?
Q: If I fail, could I turn in my units instead?

I don't know I just feel like taking the test again.

Heather_L._Smith
09-12-2010, 10:44 PM
Marc -
You can take the test again if you want, no fee. And, if you were to fail, you could turn in units instead (just do it before the deadline).

As long as you get it done before the deadline, you can re-test, re-submit images + units, or do units only. Biggest issue is getting it done before the deadline, but you can do any of those three options. If you wait until the last possible moment to retest and you happen to fail, then you're toast :) In the event that happens (or, for example, someone decides to resubmit images at the last possible moment and doesn't pass... again, toast) in that case, certification would lapse and you'd have to start the whole process over again. That's worst-case scenario.

Marc_Benjamin
09-12-2010, 10:57 PM
If you wait until the last possible moment to retest and you happen to fail, then you're toast :) In the event that happens (or, for example, someone decides to resubmit images at the last possible moment and doesn't pass... again, toast) in that case, certification would lapse and you'd have to start the whole process over again. That's worst-case scenario.

Lol, this is bound to happen to me since my expire date is November 1 and the test next available test in my area is Oct 31 (post mark matters?)!

lol So gamble is test and pass or do over Hahahaha!

Heather_L._Smith
09-12-2010, 11:01 PM
Hahahaha... can't cut it much closer than that.

Marc_Benjamin
09-12-2010, 11:02 PM
Would you try it?

Stephanie_Millner
09-12-2010, 11:25 PM
You surely have more than 25 continuing education merits though!

Heather_L._Smith
09-12-2010, 11:28 PM
If it were image submission... yes. The test, no. But, that's because I'm not a good test taker.

Michael_Gan
09-13-2010, 04:10 AM
Marc, I'm guessing that you won't need to take the exam. You've been to IUSA for the last 5 years, PPC's convention (both south and north), and all of your PPGBA attendences count (1/4 point each). On top of that, if you've goon to WPPI, your Lois Greenberg mentoring, and I'm guessing you've been to Golden Gate School, you have well over the 25 credits.

Heather_L._Smith
09-13-2010, 04:15 AM
It sounds to me like Marc wants to prove something :)

Marc_Benjamin
09-13-2010, 04:39 AM
Marc, I'm guessing that you won't need to take the exam...

...you have well over the 25 credits.

I was dual member with Sacramento too for 3 of the last years so I might actually come close to 100 units if I really jot down everything.

It sounds to me like Marc wants to prove something :)

Nope nothing to prove in that sense. Just a potential wager amongst some local friends.