PDA

View Full Version : Anyone from San Antonio?

Marc_Benjamin
09-10-2010, 12:52 AM
A couple of buddies and I are considering a round trip road trip from San Fran to San Antonio for the convention. We're considering doing the RV thing.

Anyone know if they allow RV's to park around the area of the hotel? I already called the hotel, can't park it inside (even if we are staying there) the hotel and the concierge is not much help.

Any suggestions?

Will_Price
09-10-2010, 06:36 PM
Mark, my Brother in law is a cop in San Antonio, email me your phone number and I will forward it to him. elkvalleyphoto@msn.com

George_Hawkins
09-12-2010, 12:09 AM
Let's ask any San Antonio people to make suggestions on thing to do in the area, if one arrives early or stays a few added days? Please post some options....

George_Hawkins
09-28-2010, 11:51 PM
Let's ask any San Antonio people to make suggestions on things to do in the area, if one arrives early or stays a few added days? Please post some options....

Again, let's ask for things to do! We don't bite, so please make any suggestions. Once we spend money & time to travel, I'd like to add days and make an activity to remember.
I was going to start a new thread, but this one is fine!

Chris_10
09-29-2010, 12:59 AM
Hello George,
I don't live in San Antonio, but I do live an hour away from there. San Antonio is a very "photogenic" city, weather permitting. I'd suggest you do a photowalk for a day, starting with the Alamo, walking over to Commerce St. and heading east. Along Commerce street you'll come to the Cathedral of San Fernando, the oldest cathedral in the country. Keep going east on Commerce till you come to Santa Rosa St. There you'll find the Mercado, a big outdoor Mexican Market, very colorful!! Have lunch at Mi Terria and ask to view the mural on the back wall. From there you can either make your way back to the River Walk and explore that. Of course there's always the San Antonio Zoo, and the McNay Museum is also very nice, and Austin, the Capital of Texas is only an hour's drive away.
I hope this helps.

George_Hawkins
10-02-2010, 02:01 AM
Hello George,
I don't live in San Antonio, but I do live an hour away from there. San Antonio is a very "photogenic" city, weather permitting. I'd suggest you do a photowalk for a day, starting with the Alamo, walking over to Commerce St. and heading east. Along Commerce street you'll come to the Cathedral of San Fernando, the oldest cathedral in the country. Keep going east on Commerce till you come to Santa Rosa St. There you'll find the Mercado, a big outdoor Mexican Market, very colorful!! Have lunch at Mi Terria and ask to view the mural on the back wall. From there you can either make your way back to the River Walk and explore that. Of course there's always the San Antonio Zoo, and the McNay Museum is also very nice, and Austin, the Capital of Texas is only an hour's drive away.
I hope this helps.

Do I have compass wrong? I had thought the Mia Terria restaurant would be west. I think I was part of a large group who ate there during last convention in San Antonio, taking a cab or two. As I recall, YES, it would be a very nice daytime walk subject to weather. No ice storm!

I'll copy and paste in to a Word doc and keep in a folder, where I am saving information. I am preliminary contemplating a drive.

Thanks for writing!

Jim_Lersch
10-15-2010, 04:37 AM
george, since you're going to be in San Antonio in January, you and I must get together again. been too long since NH!

George_Hawkins
10-15-2010, 01:47 PM
george, since you're going to be in San Antonio in January, you and I must get together again. been too long since NH!

Not a done deal, Jim, BUT I am trying to plan the time.

I just saw your great image of in a lounge, brick painted wall, etc. On FB! Love it!

Jim_Lersch
10-15-2010, 01:49 PM
Thanks George. It was an authentic Italian deli, brought home 20lbs. of handmade sausage too. As for the image, wonderful what can be done with a table (no tripod) and a self-timer!