PDA

View Full Version : Looking for an Instructor

GregYager
08-27-2010, 03:17 PM
I would be interested in hosting a class at my studio however I'm very new here and not a qualified instructor. Would anyone be interested in bringing your talents to West Kentucky and teaching a class here? I've attached some snapshots of what you would have to work with.

Sarah_Johnston
10-11-2010, 09:59 PM
What kind of class and when would you like to have it?

GregYager
10-11-2010, 10:30 PM
I would be willing to host most any type of class that my studio can accommodate.

My personal preference would be something that involved actual shooting. Lighting, posing or any thing of that nature.

If a business type class is more in demand then I can turn the studio into a classroom with tables and chairs. My goal is to provide more learning opportunities in this area.

I got the idea when I joined the PPA recently and started looking for a Super Monday to attend and found none in my state.

Basically I have a studio that I'm willing to let any qualified instructor use for a class. I'm not looking to make any money and they may charge whatever they like. Hopefully it will be an idea that catches on and I'll start seeing more studios here in the rural mid-west do the same.

If you have a class or know someone that does just let me know what I need to do to make this a workable idea.

GregYager
10-11-2010, 10:35 PM
Oops....I overlooked the when part. Anytime that works for you. I can schedule most any time provided it's not a day or series of days I have a wedding on. Obviously weddings are the only non-flexible part of my schedule.

Jeff_Dachowski
10-12-2010, 12:09 AM
Greg,
It looks like you have a great space. If you would like to host an outdoor lighting program, I would be happy to come to Kentucky. I love your state!

Jeff

Sarah_Johnston
10-12-2010, 02:43 AM
My speaking partner and I teach children and HS Seniors. I will check with her and if you are interested we can look at dates.

Cindi_K_McDaniel
10-12-2010, 02:53 AM
How close are you to Louisville? I have family there and was thinking about going for a visit...

GregYager
10-12-2010, 05:56 AM
Jeff...That would totally ROCK!!

Sarah....That sounds awesome to me!!

Cindi...I'm 2.5hrs west of Louisville.

I will do everything in my power to make sure you have an excellent turnout.

Thank you all very much for taking the time to consider this. I am truly honored.

Cindi_K_McDaniel
10-12-2010, 01:54 PM
We would probably not be headed your way until sometime next year, but I would love to do a program on fashion posing them :-)

GregYager
10-12-2010, 02:07 PM
That works for me Cindi. I'm hoping to make this an ongoing thing and try to re-motivate the idea of learning around here.

Stephanie_Millner
10-12-2010, 06:20 PM
Hmm... how willing are you to pay for a round-trip ticket from Rome? :)

GregYager
10-12-2010, 07:08 PM
You are a very funny lady Steff :cool:

Cindi_K_McDaniel
10-14-2010, 03:20 PM
Hey Steff, are you gonna make it back to the state for Imaging this year? Greg, if you go I'd really like to meet you.

GregYager
10-14-2010, 03:36 PM
I'll be there with bells on.

No really. I'll be the guy wearing bells. :D

Ok...scratch the bell idea.

In reality San Antonio is a tough town for me to visit. I buried my wife there 21 years ago when she died of cancer and I never went back. I was 25 then and wanted to put that trauma behind me. Now it's time to move on and make some good memories there.

Cindi_K_McDaniel
10-16-2010, 01:26 AM
I'm bringing BOTH of my assistants with me and we'd love to have you hang out with us! This is their first time going and we're going to make some GREAT memories :-)

GregYager
10-18-2010, 01:36 AM
So just look for Cindi and her Posse right :cool:

Stephanie_Millner
10-18-2010, 08:24 AM
Cindi, yep, both Dave and I will be there.
Greg, sorry to hear that. My condolences.

Angela_Lawson
10-18-2010, 08:49 PM
Sorry to hear that Greg - I know that Imaging will help you make some great new memories. I went several years ago when it was in Tampa, (it was unbelievable), but was unable to go the past two years due to multiple back surgeries. Now, I'm just hoping to get our house up north sold sometime soon, so I'll have the extra money to come this year. If I make it, hopefully we can all meet up. Can't wait to meet you all!

GregYager
10-18-2010, 09:29 PM
It will be a great experience I'm sure.

It will also give me a chance to get face to face with some very talented people and recruit their talents to help me and other photographers become better at what we do.

Jackie_Haggerty
10-19-2010, 02:23 AM
Greg,

I'm withing driving distance to you! I'd love to come down to teach a class on lighting/posing and some other things!

What time frame are you looking for?

GregYager
10-19-2010, 02:32 AM
I'm pretty open on a time frame. Would just need time to get the word out and round up students. What time frame and number of students works best for you?

Jackie_Haggerty
10-19-2010, 03:05 AM
Greg,

Sending you a PM!