PDA

View Full Version : Image Submission Process Improvement Suggestion

Howard_Kier
08-20-2010, 01:08 AM
After having uploaded lots of photos to various labs and album companies, I have to say, the Certification on-line image submission process has a lot of room for improvement. It would be a lot easier if the system allowed you to upload a complete directory or multiple images at once.

I imagine the commission could use a system similar to that used by FINAO for album uploads or even a ROES type system. A last resort would be to use FTP with the Image purpose embedded in the XMP/EXIF data. As the process stands now, it was rather time consuming and not all that straight forward.

GregYager
08-20-2010, 01:15 AM
I can upload multiple images at a time through my lab. If I do an event with simple packages, let's say for just for example 2-5x7's and 8 wallets. I select the first size(5x7), set my quantity to 2, then I highlight all the images in that folder. I then click add to order and it's done. I repeat the process for the wallets then hit send order. Is that what you're referring to?

GregYager
08-20-2010, 01:27 AM
Oh wait dude, I just realized you were talking about the image submission here. You're very right, it has plenty of room for improvement.

Howard_Kier
08-20-2010, 02:16 AM
Greg,

You're right I was as clear as mud. I corrected that.

Michael_Gan
08-20-2010, 04:32 PM
PPA is rolling out a new version of the site. So I won't have any info on any improvements in the gallery upload. Interfaces such as those on the album and Lab site cost a lot of money and would need to be reviewed by the Board of Directors.