PDA

View Full Version : How do the "Tracks" work?

PhotoGirl_2010
08-15-2010, 05:09 PM
I am working out the logistics for the Imaging Expo. This is my first time, I'm a photo student and starting a portrait business. It seems the Imaging Expo would help tremendously, but I do have a few questions...

As much as I would love to come for the pre-classes, are the Expo classes similar in info? Staying for almost a week might be a bit much.

Do you pick a "Track" (wedding, business, portrait...) and have to stay in those classes? Or, can you grab a class here and there?

With my SPS membership, do I really get a free pass? Or is it a limited pass to only a few informational sessions?

Cheers!!

Rick_Massarini
08-16-2010, 04:03 AM
Is this Beth from Gwinette?

PhotoGirl_2010
08-16-2010, 03:26 PM
No, sorry. Beth from good ol Ohio!

Stephanie_Millner
08-16-2010, 06:00 PM
Sorry, I saw this last night but just figured someone would have responded who could say more.

The tracks are just kind of an idea of what Imaging has to offer. But you can take classes from any other Imaging track (like one from weddings, one from spotlight, etc.) I would recommend getting to the "big" names very early for a good seat.

Not sure if this extends to taking SEPCON and EPIC School Classes - someone else can probably answer that.

The pre-con classes are often more hands-on, like the Speedshooting classes that I've heard great things about in the past. (Unfortunately, my husband and I don't get in until after that one has started!) You certainly don't NEED to do the pre-con, and you'll get tons of valuable info during the Imaging classes themselves - oh, and more importantly at the bar over cocktails - than you could possibly use in a year anyway. So don't feel guilty - if you want to go, great. If not, that's fine too.

I don't know about SPS though. Not sure what that is.

PhotoGirl_2010
08-16-2010, 11:10 PM
Stephanie, Thank you so much for answering my questions. I do want to get there in time for the Speedshooting class. The one I really thought might be helpful was the Turning Pro 2 day session. There are so many questions I have about using labs, products and not making the wow-I-have-a-cool-camera-and know-how-to-use-it-so-I'll-start-a-business mistakes. When I come across local photogs the competitive business side kicks in and they keep there playing cards close! Not that I blame them, it's a competitive business. Anyway, thanks. I think the Speedshooting and knowledge I can get form vendors (and the bars!) alone will be amazing.