PDA

View Full Version : I passed :: Many thanks inside!

ChontelleBrown
06-29-2010, 09:47 PM
I took the written test last Wednesday (passed the image review in Feb/Mar) and found my designation updated on my merit record today. How happy I was to see those three little letters.

I couldn't have done it without many of you here and want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Heather Smith - for the words of encouragement, tips and flash cards
Mark Levesque - for the study questions listed here and your lighting tutorial on Sandy's forum
Sam Gardner - for the sample test questions and words of encouragement
Michael Gan - for the anonymous image critique that helped me pass the image review the first time
Keith Howe - for always taking time to help me with my comp prints which has pushed me to become a better photographer
Don Chick - for the lighting lessons, both in PP Mag and on the phone
Sandy Puc - for the certification forum, I was only able to use it for a short time but it is a valuable resource

This forum and the relationships developed because of it are the reason I am where I am today.

Thank you!!!!

Christine_Walsh-Newton
06-29-2010, 10:10 PM
Congratulations!

Missy50
06-29-2010, 10:14 PM
Congrats Chontelle! I am planning on taking my test in Aug. in Atlanta.

I still have not collected all my images in a file to start uploading for review. I guess I need to do that so I can get my final selection done before turning them in....

Joe_Campanellie
06-30-2010, 02:16 AM
Congratulations...!

Mark_Katz
06-30-2010, 03:47 AM
I took the written test last Wednesday (passed the image review in Feb/Mar) and found my designation updated on my merit record today.

First of all, congratulations!

What I'd like to know is where you found your merit record? Was it online? Here on the PPA site or somewhere else? I took the written test last week as well and uploaded my images at the end of last week. I didn't know how long it takes to find out if I passed.

pete_rezac
06-30-2010, 07:05 AM
Congratulations Chontelle!

ChontelleBrown
06-30-2010, 11:28 AM
Thank you all.

What I'd like to know is where you found your merit record? Was it online? Here on the PPA site or somewhere else? I took the written test last week as well and uploaded my images at the end of last week. I didn't know how long it takes to find out if I passed.

Mark,
Click on My PPA on the black banner above the forum, then choose My Merits. If you do not see a list of options on the left side once you click on My PPA, you will need to log-in again. For some reason, the forum log-in doesn't always carry over to 'the other side'.

It took 19 days to receive my image submission results via mail. Michael Gan can give you an idea of when the judging is scheduled (it wasn't the deadline date).

Good luck!

Sandra_Pearce
06-30-2010, 11:55 AM
Congratulations Chontelle. I am so proud of you. This has been a good year for you so far and I am sure more to come.

Cassandra_Sullivan
06-30-2010, 01:36 PM
congratulations!

Mark_Levesque
06-30-2010, 02:28 PM
congrats! You have taken the next step on your photographic journey! Glad I could contribute to that, in some small way.

steph_747
07-01-2010, 08:34 PM
Congratulations! How very exciting for you! I have begun to shift images into a folder dedicated to certification, and am studying constantly. I hope to join you soon. We are so blessed to have such fabulous guides! Thanks to all!