PDA

View Full Version : Video Critiques

SKPhotos
06-25-2010, 02:46 AM
Has there been any news about when the video critiques will come out?

Keith_A_Howe
07-01-2010, 07:20 PM
I talked to Jim Dingwell today. He said they are in post production and are anticipated the middle of July.

Keith

Louise_St_Romain
07-19-2010, 08:17 PM
any news? ;)

Barbi_Barnum
07-21-2010, 06:30 PM
Any updates on when to expect these?

wberry
07-21-2010, 09:57 PM
Will they be sent as a email link like last year or mini disc in our cases?

Keith_A_Howe
07-22-2010, 03:56 PM
I talked to Jim Dingwell this morning. He told me it should be very soon. You will recieve an email link.

Keith

Tss1203
07-22-2010, 05:43 PM
definitely looking forward to it....good and bad ;0)

wberry
07-22-2010, 07:17 PM
this is great news, I get these every year, I learn so much from them. I just want to know what went wrong with one of my prints. I also want to see what they really thought about my loan prints.

Ron_Jackson
07-23-2010, 03:17 PM
Got my critique this morning. I got lucky in that the judge who did mine eluded to the fact he was on the panel when my images came up. Very insightful.

Tripp_Harrington
07-23-2010, 03:33 PM
I just finished watching my critiques this morning... just wanted to say thank you to all of the judges. They were all so well done... honest, helpful, encouraging- I really can't say enough about them (and truth be known my images did not merit this year). It just seems to me that judging would be a difficult thing to do well and I felt as if I needed to give them praise for what they do. Definitely helping to make me a better photographer!

Louise_St_Romain
07-23-2010, 07:11 PM
hope to see mine in my in-box soon

Louise_St_Romain
07-24-2010, 12:55 PM
I still haven't gotten mine, how long should I wait before becoming concerned?

Keith_A_Howe
07-24-2010, 03:18 PM
I would send Jim Dingwell an email and ask him if they are being sent out in groups and yours might still be coming or if it got missed. You probably won't hear back from him until Monday.

Keith

Keith_A_Howe
07-24-2010, 03:21 PM
jdingwell@ppa.com Forgot to include that.

Keith

Louise_St_Romain
07-24-2010, 03:46 PM
Thanks! :)

Lisa_Louise
07-24-2010, 06:11 PM
Thanks Ron for suggesting that I pay for the video critique! Since I wasn't there it was the next best thing!

Rick_Massarini
07-24-2010, 11:56 PM
Thanks Ron for suggesting that I pay for the video critique! Since I wasn't there it was the next best thing!

Even if you were there, the odds would be against you being so lucky as to see all of your prints being judged since the prints are all randomly shuffled and there are several judging rooms all running at the same time. It's highly unlikely that all of your prints would come up in the same judging room, so you would have to be in several places at the same time...

My critique notice was in my email yesterday, but for some reason, I can't view it or download it. I'll make a few phone calls and see if I can get some answers. Anyone else having difficulty viewing them?

Keith_A_Howe
07-27-2010, 10:10 PM
I still haven't gotten mine, how long should I wait before becoming concerned?

Did you ever get your critique?

Keith

Louise_St_Romain
07-28-2010, 03:38 AM
Did you ever get your critique?

Keith

No, not yet, however Jim Dingwell mentioned that there were a few stragglers that they still were working on and if I didn't hear anything by the end of the week, to let him know. I do know that if I don't get it, I will be very disappointed.

Keith_A_Howe
07-28-2010, 05:06 AM
Louise,
If you don't get it, feel free to send me the files and I will be glad to give you a critique. I don't want to sound presumptous but I was a judge this year and I did do a lot of critiques so I am qualified. You paid for the critique and I want to make sure you get one. I will be judging and speaking in New Orleans over the weekend and will be gone Fri-Tues but after that I'd be more then happy to do this.

Keith

Louise_St_Romain
07-28-2010, 12:54 PM
Keith, you are such a sweetie! :D

You had done the critique on my first entries in competition several years ago (nothing like making nationals one's very first print competition :) ) and I learned a lot from that critique.

Tss1203
07-29-2010, 08:43 PM
I just found my video critique in my spam folder. The only issue is the critque for one image wasn't sent b/c of technical issues. The bummer part was that the one image we *really* wanted the critique for :(

But, it was really nice to hear the comments about the other 3 images. It was very reassuring, and I wish we would've taken more time before we sent our images in. I'm really glad I got the critique, otherwise I wouldn't have known what I could fix :)

Louise_St_Romain
07-29-2010, 09:30 PM
I just found my video critique in my spam folder. The only issue is the critque for one image wasn't sent b/c of technical issues. The bummer part was that the one image we *really* wanted the critique for :(

But, it was really nice to hear the comments about the other 3 images. It was very reassuring, and I wish we would've taken more time before we sent our images in. I'm really glad I got the critique, otherwise I wouldn't have known what I could fix :)

I wished I had been that lucky ... hopefully I'll see it come in tomorrow.

Louise_St_Romain
07-30-2010, 06:32 PM
apparently three of my critiques got lost somewhere in electronic limbo, I only received the one for my merit image (and that one three times) .... sigh....

Tss1203
07-30-2010, 08:22 PM
bummer Louise :(

Keith_A_Howe
07-30-2010, 11:12 PM
Louise,

My offer still stands! I am in New Orleans right now, judging all day tomorrow and then speaking on Monday, flying home on Tuesday, so it would be next week before I could get to it, but I would be more then happy to take a look at your images.

Keith

Louise_St_Romain
07-31-2010, 02:28 AM
that would be great :D , could you pm me your email address so that I could send the files to you?