PDA

View Full Version : a little confused on the CPP certification??

Suzy_Roberts
06-23-2010, 05:50 AM
Can someone explain please? I'm planning on taking the test at SWPPA in Sept.

I see that there are photo submission dates for Aug 20 and Oct 22.

Can I submit images before I take the test? Or the Oct date afterwards? This is the part that is confusing me.

Or whenever?? I'm sorry, it's late and my mind is not comprehending very well!

Christine_Walsh-Newton
06-23-2010, 11:20 AM
Hi Suzy -

I'm a CPP Liaison.

After you declare your candidacy, you have three years to compete both requirements of the certification. They can be done in any order and as many times as required within the 3 years until you pass.

Hope that helps!

Suzy_Roberts
06-23-2010, 04:29 PM
Perfect! thank you Christine! After I submit the images how long does it take to get a yay or nay back? do they say something like only 15 of your 20 images are up to snuff? Try again? and then you only have to submit 5 more images??

Sorry for all the questions! :)

Heather_L._Smith
06-23-2010, 05:09 PM
Hey, Suzy... if your image submission is simply a pass/fail, there won't be information on what images were "pass" or what were "fail" as it's really judged as a body of work. You can ask for a critique within 30 days if your submission doesn't pass, at which point you can find out what images should be stronger. If you don't pass for some reason, you'll have to submit a full 20 images the next time around (but they don't have to be 20 NEW images). Does that make sense?

Suzy_Roberts
06-25-2010, 06:34 PM
Thank you Heather!! :)

Heather_L._Smith
06-25-2010, 06:35 PM
And, just as a side note, I really don't think you have anything to worry about when it comes to finding 20 technically sound, professionally proficient images :)

Just my 2 cents. Hehe.

Suzy_Roberts
06-25-2010, 06:38 PM
hahahahahahahaahaha! thanks! :) now if only I could get the rest of my butt in gear and get a new program together so that I could finish my Crafstman! meh!

ChontelleBrown
06-25-2010, 06:39 PM
Suzy,
The current submission deadline is today...if you like to function under pressure. :)

Chontelle

Suzy_Roberts
06-25-2010, 06:40 PM
HAHAHA! thanks Chontelle! have the deadlines marked on my calendar that I'm going to sumit. I've got about 10 picked out...need to finish the rest! :)

Heather_L._Smith
06-25-2010, 06:40 PM
You're such a slacker, Suz :)

Suzy_Roberts
06-25-2010, 06:42 PM
hahaha! i know! I wanted to get my crafstman by the time i'm 30...but like I said that requires me to actually speak! BWHAHAHAHHA!

Stephanie_Millner
06-25-2010, 06:46 PM
Suzy, you could pick 10 more completely at random and be fine! Oh, and that speaking thing should be trouble for you... we all know how shy you are ;)

Suzy_Roberts
06-25-2010, 06:48 PM
I'm a wall flower. What are you talking about? ;)

ChontelleBrown
06-25-2010, 06:58 PM
Suzy,
Just pick 10 more and send them in. I almost didn't send mine...worked on them until around 6 the evening of the deadline and I passed. It's worth a shot. You have nothing to lose.

Have you already declared your candidacy?

Chontelle

Suzy_Roberts
06-25-2010, 07:13 PM
yep declared candidacy a few days ago. I've got the Aug 20 deadline on my calendar. That's when I'm going to send in my prints. I want to shoot some of my reps with ideas and see if any of those pan out. :)

Roger_Williams
06-25-2010, 08:26 PM
yep declared candidacy a few days ago. I've got the Aug 20 deadline on my calendar. That's when I'm going to send in my prints. I want to shoot some of my reps with ideas and see if any of those pan out. :)

FYI, The submission rules are going to change for August. You are going to have to submit images that show specific aspects like, you have to submit one image that shows short light, another that shows broad light, another that shows Rembrandt, etc. in addition to several images you can choose yourself.

I got this info from a judge that discussed the problems with my first image submission images :(

Suzy_Roberts
06-25-2010, 08:29 PM
ok well i've got all those lighting patterns...except for the broad...it's been awhile since I've broad lit anyone...

wonder if i should buck up and just submit them by tonight!? BWHAHAHHA!

Is there any info of that nature out there???

thanks roger