PDA

View Full Version : Who will be there?

Keith_A_Howe
06-05-2010, 02:57 PM
International judging starts next week. Sam Gardner & I will be there judging. Holly, Rick Massarini and Heather Smith are working crew. Cheri MacCallum is taking the class. Will anyone else be there, working, watching or taking the class?

Keith

Joe_Campanellie
06-05-2010, 05:32 PM
Sorry...did the judging class at Nashville. It was great and I'm sure it will be a good experience for everyone this time too.

No traveling for me for awhile.

Missy50
06-05-2010, 07:36 PM
Y'all will be so close, I would love to come and help, watch and learn. But I am 'Craft Queen' at our church's VBS next week. (A crown I have been trying to pass for a couple of years now. As of last night, just under 700 children registered 1st - 6th grade and numbers still climbing.) Maybe there will be other opportunities.

Heather_L._Smith
06-05-2010, 10:47 PM
I was there last year as a spectator - and I gotta say, if you can make it, it's some of the greatest education on print competition you'll ever get. Seeing thousands of prints over a few days will do that to a person :)

Rick_Massarini
06-06-2010, 09:26 AM
Welcome to the crew, Heather ! And Thanks for volunteering !!!

Keith_A_Howe
06-06-2010, 04:32 PM
Welcome to the crew, Heather ! And Thanks for volunteering !!!

Rick, You and I know that Heather volunteered, but in the interest of being real clear for everyone else, crew at international is not like any other print crew. You don't just volunteer and get to work. It's pretty selective. So while Heather is a "volunteer" it's also a feather in her cap that she gets to be one! So while thanks are in order, so is congratulations!

FWIW, if anyone is interested in working crew in the future the time to start asking is now. It also helps if you have someone like Rick who works crew every year or a PEC person or a judge to vouch for you.

Keith

Missy50
06-07-2010, 11:32 PM
It is nice to know that it is inappropriate to "show up" with white gloves in pocket.

It is something I would be interested in helping with in the future, even it it is just opening a case and cataloging. I will be sure to bring/wear a bib... :p

Keith_A_Howe
06-08-2010, 01:26 AM
Actually Missy the unpacking and catologuing is done in Lincoln. then the prints are loaded into big wooden crates for the trip to judging. After the judging they get loaded back onto crates although then they are sorted by loan, merited , or not merited. Here is a photo from a few years ago showing Rick Massarini looking at a crate of prints.

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p308/imager410/IMG_4355.jpg

Here is Jim Dingwell sealing a crate up to ship

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p308/imager410/IMG_4428.jpg

Heres a couple crates packed up and ready to go.
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p308/imager410/IMG_4420.jpg

Keith

Joe_Campanellie
06-08-2010, 02:10 PM
Mary Jean and I helped hang the exhibit one year. So, we can appreciate the amount of organization that has to go into this so that this all works. It's an incredible job and it takes dedicated volunteers to make this all happen every year.

I think too many people underestimate just what it takes to accomplish all this.

Missy50
06-08-2010, 09:19 PM
WOW. Looks incredible!

ChontelleBrown
06-08-2010, 10:08 PM
Keith,
Do you know where the judging will be next year?

I'm still regret not going to watch 2 years ago in Daytona.

Thanks!

Keith_A_Howe
06-09-2010, 12:35 AM
It has not been decided for sure yet.

Keith