PDA

View Full Version : It's coming up!

Keith_A_Howe
06-03-2010, 06:23 PM
Just thought I'd remind everyone, in case you've forgotten and stopped stressing out, judging starts in 10 days. You all can go ahead and start getting impatient for results to be posted anytime now!

Keith

ChontelleBrown
06-03-2010, 06:47 PM
I already thought about it this morning. :) I seem to forget for a week or two which has helped the time pass.

Thanks for the thread so I can be reminded everyday for the next 2 weeks. :D

Chontelle

Joe_Campanellie
06-03-2010, 06:56 PM
Gee Keith...I thought you would just be sending us personal emails about the results...

Yeah...now is when all the second guessing really kicks in.

Stephanie_Millner
06-03-2010, 07:18 PM
Seriously? I've been stressing since I sent in my case MONTHS ago! And for anyone following the drama... the first print case has STILL not been found. Thank you PosteItalia for making me lose complete and utter hope.

Louise_St_Romain
06-03-2010, 07:19 PM
as well as the comments about really hating one's case; I hate mine :D

Keith_A_Howe
06-03-2010, 07:39 PM
Gee Keith...I thought you would just be sending us personal emails about the results...

. . . for a price!

Nah, when I judged international two years ago I din't even know my own results until clear at the end when the list came out. There are just so many prints it's like looking for a needle in a haystack to find a particular print. And judges are NOT to tell any results. Dennis Craft has a nun's costume and a ruler and he will smack your fingers if you get caught telling!

Keith

Cheri_MacCallum
06-03-2010, 07:45 PM
I'll be there for the judges workshop and I'm really looking forward to it!

Mark_Levesque
06-03-2010, 08:45 PM
Thanks, Keith. Thanks a bunch. I'm trying to forget about the whole thing until the list comes out. If you are otherwise occupied, it makes the waiting game easier to handle. Unless someone reminds you...

Jeff_Dachowski
06-03-2010, 10:36 PM
the dreams.......the DREAMS!!!!!

Keith_A_Howe
06-04-2010, 03:26 PM
Thanks, Keith. Thanks a bunch. I'm trying to forget about the whole thing until the list comes out. If you are otherwise occupied, it makes the waiting game easier to handle. Unless someone reminds you...

Your Welcome! (hehe) You know I did it just for you Mark.
Keith

John_Stein
06-04-2010, 04:42 PM
I'm glad my grandkids are going to be here from the 17th until the 31st, they will keep me busy when I am not photographing so I am not checking every 10 minutes for the results.

Ahhhhh who am I kidding, I'll still be checking.

John

Heather_L._Smith
06-04-2010, 04:48 PM
I'm glad I'll be working print crew to help pass the time :)

Keith_A_Howe
06-11-2010, 01:37 AM
Just in case anyone forgot and quit being nervous . . . We leave after work tomorrow to drive to Denver and our flight takes off Sat morning. 72 hours from now some of your prints will have been judged!!!!!

Keith

Jeff_Dachowski
06-11-2010, 01:57 AM
Oh, is that this weekend? Thanks for saying something, because I think I would have missed it. I will make sure to check in in about three weeks to see if the results are in yet.
Jeff

Christine_Walsh-Newton
06-11-2010, 02:44 AM
Oh, is that this weekend? Thanks for saying something, because I think I would have missed it. I will make sure to check in in about three weeks to see if the results are in yet.
Jeff

Jeff -

Anytime you're up for a game of poker, let me know. You can't bluff worth a darn! :p

C

Joe_Campanellie
06-11-2010, 04:00 AM
Well...remember what it used to be like...before everything was electronic and the information highway was so instantaneous.

Your prints were judged and then you had to wait for weeks...yes weeks...before the results were snail mailed to you. Of course that was back in the day...

Rick_Massarini
06-11-2010, 05:29 AM
Hey, last year the results were on-line on Thursday afternoon after the judging - We finished checking all the prints at the judging on Wednesday afternoon and got them all packed up and ready for the trip back to Lincoln around 6PM - and they were on line on Thursday afternoon - that's about 24 hours from judging the last print to having the "unofficial" results on line (and there were no errors to correct so the preliminary "unofficial" results were the same as the "official" results). I don't think that was all that bad...
And it'll probably be just as quick this year with some of the new electronic gear we're going to be using this year...

Joe_Campanellie
06-11-2010, 01:47 PM
It's pretty amazing how this whole process has evolved over the years.

Heather_L._Smith
06-11-2010, 04:08 PM
Just in case anyone forgot and quit being nervous . . . We leave after work tomorrow to drive to Denver and our flight takes off Sat morning. 72 hours from now some of your prints will have been judged!!!!!

Keith

Boy, you really know how to get a girl excited, Keith.

See you tomorrow!!

Rick_Massarini
06-11-2010, 06:39 PM
For those who are not working with the print crew or judging - remember - that the judging is open to the membership. You can attend the judging and watch and listen to all of those images being judged all day from Sunday to Wednesday (hopefully we'll be finished on Wednesday morning). It's an outstanding educational opportunity.

And if you're lucky enough to be in the right room at the right time, you might even get to see one of your own images judged... But remember, we'll be running 5 -7 judging rooms all day, and the prints are all randomly distributed - so don't be disappointed if you're in the wrong room when your print comes up. Heck, I've been there every day for the last 15 years of judgings and I've only seen a couple of mine actually being judged.

Cheri_MacCallum
06-11-2010, 08:29 PM
What time does the judges class start on Sunday? I haven't gotten any info on when or where at Gwinett Tech we will be. Anybody have that info?

Keith_A_Howe
06-11-2010, 10:08 PM
I would contact Jim Dingwell if you haven't heard anything yet. Judging starts at 8:00. I assume the class starts at the same time but I don't know for sure. If you are staying at one of the two hotels - Hampton or Hilton, you can probably follow the crowd over to the school. Usually everyone leaves just about the same time.

Keith

Cheri_MacCallum
06-11-2010, 10:39 PM
Thanks Keith, I've send Helen a message as well so hopefully I'll find out.

Keith_A_Howe
06-12-2010, 03:20 PM
Well
Here's your update. . .
Jeff - sorry guy but I don't see any cases for you here.

We are stuck in Denver airport waiting on planes because of weather delays.
Oh Well better safe than sorry.
Keith

Joe_Campanellie
06-12-2010, 04:01 PM
Well...I sure hope everyone has a good travel days...or days in some cases. Want everyone in a very good mood when you start judging tomorrow brite and early.

Keith_A_Howe
06-12-2010, 04:29 PM
Joe
Its always a great day when I'm judging! It's the travel that kills the mood.
I Love what viewing and analyzing images does for my mind.
Keith:)

Joe_Campanellie
06-12-2010, 06:03 PM
Sure know what you mean about travel...I hate the stress of traveling. Love going to places but it sure is a pain dealing with the airlines.

And traveling with a lot of photo gear is a real pain in the tush.

I find judging very stressful...from the standpoint of knowing all the work that has gone into their images and want to be sure I get it right as a judge. It's a lot of responsibility!