PDA

View Full Version : Posting pictures...

Jamie_Lapeyrolerie
05-03-2006, 06:32 AM
Maybe I missed it, but how do you post a picture in your thread? Thanks!

Gregory_Aide
05-09-2006, 01:41 PM
When posting, use the insert image icon from the toolbar. It looks like the microsoft picture icon, yellow box with mountains.

Keith_A_Howe
06-01-2006, 02:59 AM
When posting, use the insert image icon from the toolbar. It looks like the microsoft picture icon, yellow box with mountains.
I do this and a box opens that says "Script prompt:
Enter the text to be formatted
xxx"

I have tried to attach files useing the manage attachments tool and I can upload an image but when I try to preview the post it does not show the image. Any help would be appreciated. Keith

David_A._Lottes
06-12-2006, 04:43 PM
Hi Keith
I have the same problem, preview doesn't show the image but when I just hit submit it's there? So I have just given up on the preview and go straight to submit. It seems to work so far. Anyone know why the images don't show up in the preview?

David_Henninger
06-12-2006, 09:37 PM
The problem I see is when I do it I get a link to the image instead of the image being in the post. I'm sure I'm missing a step somewhwere...

D._Craig_Flory
06-13-2006, 12:32 AM
I never have problems seeing and adding images. I'll add one now to prove that. You just scroll down to "manage attachments". Then you go to the file you want to add and click

D. Craig Flory PPA Certified, Cr.Photographer, ASP
floryphotog@mindspring.com

D._Craig_Flory
06-13-2006, 12:38 AM
Hi group;

Ok, let's see ... I'm going to upload an image. I write my post & then click Manage attachments. When it opens I click Browse and go to the file I want to post. Then I click Upload and close this window. Finally, I click Submit reply.

D. Craig Flory PPA Certified, Cr.Photog., ASP

David_Henninger
06-14-2006, 02:11 PM
Craig,

I see in your post you have a link to the image and not the image itself, but in other posts, such as the "Critique Please" posts, the poster is able to insert the image into the post without a link. In fact, I have seen some of yours show up this way.

Am I missing a step?

David

Betsy_Finn
08-21-2006, 06:36 AM
Here's the "alternate" method of including an image:

Go to www.photobucket.com set up FREE account

Then upload images there then Copy the URL
and Paste it in the Image insert and click ok

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g88/derekalvarez/POSTING.jpg
[borrowed from Derek Alvarez -- thanks Derek!]

You can post as many as you want in a thread this way.

The other way, mentioned earlier by Keith, is to surround the url location of the image like so...

[IMG]http://yourwebsite.com/image.jpg . This is the same thing as clicking on the picture icon does....but whichever way is quicker/easier to remember :D

Tim_Babin
08-25-2006, 06:36 AM
I posted some images in the senior section.

It says to post no larger than 400 x 400. Even after doing this, and optimizing to the 48K size, it did not let me post still. I really had to work to get this.

Then they do not show in the post. You still have to click to open it.

any help on this?

Michelle_Robinson
08-25-2006, 04:39 PM
I posted some images in the senior section.

It says to post no larger than 400 x 400. Even after doing this, and optimizing to the 48K size, it did not let me post still. I really had to work to get this.

Then they do not show in the post. You still have to click to open it.

any help on this?

Tim,

It looks like you are doing everything correctly. Only single images show up in each post; posting more than one image will result in links to each image.

Hope this answers your questions! -MR

Tim_Babin
08-25-2006, 05:38 PM
Thanks Michelle.

Tell me, I go in and but my longest side at 400px. Then I do a save for web with optimized for the biggest kilobyte size, but then it rejects them, Any answers to speed up the process?

D._Craig_Flory
08-26-2006, 12:09 AM
Hi Tim;

Keep something in mind. If an image shows as 36Kb, as saved from Photoshop, it will be too big to post. I always post images no larger than 32KB as saved from Photoshop. That way they are almost always small enough. An image 32KB will show around 40KB in the post.

D. Craig Flory PPA Certified, Cr.Photog., ASP

Michelle_Robinson
08-26-2006, 03:06 PM
Thanks Michelle.

Tell me, I go in and but my longest side at 400px. Then I do a save for web with optimized for the biggest kilobyte size, but then it rejects them, Any answers to speed up the process?

You're very welcome, Tim!

I think that D. Craig has answered for me. I have increased the file size allowance for .gif files to 50K, so that should help. Let me know if I can be of any more help! -MR

Tim_Babin
08-26-2006, 03:32 PM
What I did was make a new action to change the DPI to 72dpi. Then I did a fit into command to 400x400, then a save for web command with it stopping to optimize for file size. It works great.

Linda_Gregory
12-02-2006, 06:59 PM
I cannot seem to make the link in teh work.

I have done this in another thread and it's blank space. when I go to edit it, I can see it as it is supposed to be with the link between the parts but it's blank when it's posted.

any suggestions?

[IMG]http://exais.com/ppamag.jpg

the blank space beween this and the last sentence was one more test....what do you see?

This is a screen shot of it

Don_Nealious
03-17-2007, 02:36 AM
To post an image, MUST you have we a web address (URL) for that image? Are there some step by step instructions of the process?
Is it the same process whether posting in the galleries or the messages?

Thanks,

Don Nealious