PDA

View Full Version : A few more possibilities

elbeth789
04-13-2010, 07:33 PM
Here's a few more possibilities also. I really love the first one but I am not sure if my color is translating into a toxic type skin tone? lol

I entered #3 in the fall ppo digital comp and it scored an 85 and entered it into the state it scored a 75 I wanted to get some advice on that file as well. Could it be that I put it in portrait for the state and creative open for the digital comp?

Thanks !

Keith_A_Howe
04-14-2010, 03:02 AM
The first image has a haunting something about it. The problem is where it is cropped. The arm is cut off in an ackward place. I wish there was more of a direction to the lighting.
2nd image- too small to tell for sure but feel the guys dark clouths and white shoes and her dark shoes draws too much attention.
3 image again too small and while I am not aware of the competitions rules that you had entered in but I do believe that there is a real difference in EI comp and PO comp and what the judges look for.
Keith

elbeth789
04-14-2010, 03:11 PM
Thank you for your opinions Keith, I kinda have walked blindly into the state on what to enter each time so hearing feedback helps , I will post my prints I have finished for my 3 other entries larger today at lunch. The first two Merited this year and the third merited the year before. This is my first time entering international, I would love to get a 4 for 4 that would be so cool!

Keith_A_Howe
04-14-2010, 04:44 PM
The first two Merited this year and the third merited the year before. This is my first time entering international,

I understand what you mean here but just want to be clear. If you have never entered international before then you have never "merited" a print. PPA international judging is the only place a print actually recieves a merit. You may get an 80 or above at a state/local or a seal at an affiliated competition but those are not merits. I know I sound nitpicky but there have been people in the past who got an 80 or above at their state or even at a regional and then were shocked and dissapointed to find out those weren't merits from PPA towards the master's degree. Even a sealed print is not a merit until it is sent to international judging. I hate to be a terminolgy nazi, but this is something that confuses people so I wanted to comment on it.

Keith