PDA

View Full Version : another one for Keith

Cindi_K_McDaniel
04-08-2010, 06:37 PM
Ok... I'm totally going for the story with this image. I'd like to name it "something worth fighting for"...

http://www.studioenvogue.com/envogueweb/somethingworthfightingfor.jpg

Keith_A_Howe
04-09-2010, 06:50 PM
Not ignoring you, just a couple real busy days. I'll get back to you soon.

Keith

samgardnermcr
04-09-2010, 07:06 PM
Hi Cindy,
Thanks for posting an image here! I like this portrait. Everything about the baby is totally cute and "baby" looking. The negatives I notice are the burning/dodging evident around the baby's left arm on the man's shoulder and the "stiff" fingers of the man sort of poking the baby. Not sure what a panel would say. I look forward to hearing from Keith on this one.

Sam Gardner M.Photog.Cr. CPP PPA Int. Juror
June 13-16, 2010 Judging International Comp, Atlanta GA

Cindi_K_McDaniel
04-09-2010, 09:28 PM
Thanks Sam. I just did a very quick down and dirty burn to get it posted because I'm having a busy week too! Thought I'd go ahead and post the image to get feedback on the whole idea of it before I marry myself to the computer for it! I can't wait to hear from Keith as well :-)

Thanks again!

Keith_A_Howe
04-14-2010, 12:58 AM
Cindi
I like the story involved here. The lighting is pretty good on the baby. I understand the quick burn problems but I question if it can be done in a way that will not be a problem when viewed in a judging situation. I also wish dad had turned his face toward the baby as opposed staring straight ahead, it feels like he is somewhat detached (emotionally) from the baby.
Keith