PDA

View Full Version : Getting My Craftsman!

Karen_Linsley
04-02-2010, 04:23 PM
So, I now have enough merits for my Craftsman degree! YAY!

I will be going to Imaging next year and I guess getting on the stage? Whatever does one wear to such thing?

Ok, now that I have that under my belt, onward to Masters.

Cassandra_Sullivan
04-02-2010, 04:39 PM
congrats Karen!

Joe_Campanellie
04-02-2010, 04:48 PM
That ceremony is pretty formal. Just about all the men are in tuxes and the ladies in their finest gowns. Always a very good reason to get all dressed up. Just makes you feel so much better.

Made me go on a major diet last year for my fellowship presentation at the ASP banquet. Wanted to look good and get back in shape.

Congrats...

Marc_Benjamin
04-02-2010, 05:01 PM
Welcome to the club!

Karen_Linsley
04-02-2010, 05:22 PM
thanks everyone!

Joe: that's what I thought. Here in the mountains, most of the men don't even own a tie...the last time I wore a gown was at my 50th birthday party, five years ago. I don't know that it will even fit anymore. Guess I'd better get some more exercise....

Joe_Campanellie
04-02-2010, 06:42 PM
MY wife has this killer purple dress that she looks awesome in. I wanted her to wear it for the big night. She went on a diet too and she looked great in that dress. Was great motivation for the both of us.

Of course her idea of a diet is to cut back to only one bag of M&M's a day...!

D._Craig_Flory
04-02-2010, 10:45 PM
Hi Karen; Congratulations !!! When I gave you the CPP Exam did you ever think you would be getting Craftsman so quickly ? Here is a gown idea for you.
http://www.promgirl.com/shop/dresses/viewitem-PD489927

Karen_Linsley
04-02-2010, 11:18 PM
Joe, I think I like your wife: purple is my favorite color, and the color of one of the gowns I do have. And her philosophy on dieting is right up my alley!

Craig: I wasn't even thinking Craftsman when I tested for Certification! That was a major milestone for me!

Stan_Lawrence
04-02-2010, 11:27 PM
Joe, I think I like your wife: purple is my favorite color, and the color of one of the gowns I do have.

Be sure it goes with royal blue, that's the color of the ribbon... and.... congratulations. :cool:

Heather_L._Smith
04-03-2010, 02:26 AM
I would recommend staying away from the plunging necklines... just as a precaution! The medallion is on a long ribbon... and you don't want it getting "lost" :)

Cindi_K_McDaniel
04-03-2010, 02:42 AM
Congrats lady! I'm hoping to earn enough merits to get mine then too!

Missy50
04-03-2010, 12:18 PM
Oh congratulations!

KirkDarling
04-03-2010, 02:36 PM
Way to go, Karen. You can't beat satin black to set off a ribbon and medallion.

Karen_Linsley
04-03-2010, 06:41 PM
This is reallly funny that this thread has gone to what to wear at the ceremony, I'm enjoying this!

I'm thinking purple and/or red, honestly! But we'll have to see what I find when I start shopping. I really don't like black, until about a year ago I didn't even own a pair of black pants, and only own one now because I loved the style and cut of the pants and that was the only color they had. If I find something that I love the cut and style, but it only comes in black, well then there you have it.

Angela_Lawson
04-05-2010, 06:05 PM
Congrats Karen! And I think purple or red are great choices! Hope I get a chance to see you next year, receiving your Craftsman!

Angela

pete_rezac
04-06-2010, 07:43 PM
Congrats Karen! I hope to get to hear you speak sometime!

Pete

Rick_Massarini
04-06-2010, 07:58 PM
Remember, there will be a "Class Picture" taken of all of the degree recipients before the awards presentation. When you choose your outfit, you need to decide if you want to blend into the group or stand out in the group when you choose your clothing...

Joe_Galioto
04-07-2010, 12:19 AM
I vote for stand out!
Go with bright.
Joe

Karen_Linsley
04-07-2010, 02:39 PM
Joe, that's pretty funny. Rick, spoken like a true portrait artist!