PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! SEPPA online registration

ChontelleBrown
04-01-2010, 02:42 AM
How do I actually register online for SEPPA? I have clicked on the link which downloaded/opened a pdf registration form. I completed the form and clicked the red sumbit button, but nothing appears to have happened.

Someone else had mentioned to me to be sure I had the latest version of Adobe Acrobat, which I do.

Thanks!

Joe_Campanellie
04-01-2010, 02:58 AM
Chontelle...I had the same problems today and called them.

Download the form...fill it out...save it to your desktop...and email it.

Email the completed form to seppaprints@gmail.com

Right after you do that you will get a confirmation email that they received your form.

Then you'll get some info back from them. One of which will be your print labels to attach to the back of your prints. They're are using a bar coding system now to better track the prints.

If you have any questions you can call Melanie Burney at 912-367-0369

Good Luck...

ChontelleBrown
04-01-2010, 03:15 AM
Thank you Joe. I got similar info from Sandra Pearce and just sent it to Melanie. I will resend it to the address you gave as well.

I was about to panic. I waited until I had quiet time tonight to get everything together.....lesson learned.

Thanks again!
Chontelle

Rick_Massarini
04-01-2010, 03:32 AM
... and clicked the red sumbit button, but nothing appears to have happened....

Yeah, ya gotta watch them "sumbit" buttons, they're nothing but trouble there... (read it with a Caroll O'Conner "Sparta" accent). :D
Forgive me for having a bit of fun with the typo, but it was just too darn easy, and I couldn't resist...

Chontelle, I feel your pain with the electronic submissions - For last year's PPA National Judging, my print case mailed in fine, but I had a ton of trouble uploading my images...

ChontelleBrown
04-01-2010, 03:40 AM
Thanks Rick. I didn't even notice my typo, so worried about the darn registration. Hope I spelled my titles correctly. :)

Guess I'll be paying the extra to upgrade my shipping to be sure my case gets there by Tuesday.

Chontelle

Joe_Campanellie
04-01-2010, 12:21 PM
You should be fine if you send it today or tomorrow. Mine is going out today with any luck. Had my prints at a local lab to be laminated and had to remake a couple because of laminate problems.

Rick_Massarini
04-01-2010, 07:43 PM
Joe,
Have you ever noticed any graying from the lamination? I stopped laminating my competition prints a couple of years ago because the laminate was causing some graying of the blacks. I had a B&W fail to seal at SWPPA, and I was wondering just why, then, after all the judging was over, I put it up on the turntable under the lights and the graying of the blacks was readily evident. I reprinted it for national but didn't laminate it - just glossy paper - the difference was readily evident - and it hung. So for competition, I just send in glossy prints, raw, unlaminated. Yeah, they may get scratched in handling, but I plan for these to be made strictly for competition, so if they come back scratched, it's no big deal, I just reprint it. I do laminate some prints that are being sold to my clients.

Joe_Campanellie
04-01-2010, 10:52 PM
There's all kinds of laminates out there. I guess each lab has their own preference for what they use. My wife and I have often thought of buying our own laminator but with three long haired cats and a dog in the house that would be just futile.

Personally I've never had a problem with the laminate graying the image or making it look dull recently. I do know that when I have printed on lustre paper and then laminated that sometimes there is a noticeable dulling of the image caused by the texture of the paper.

For that reason when I'm doing competition prints I print on the Lexjet Sunset gloss and then laminate. I find the laminate really adds some pop and contrast to the images.

I've had my lamination done through Burrell Colour as well as a local graphics company that specializes in signage. I've used Metallic paper in the past too but that really needs the right kind of image and you have to watch the contrast that it might introduce into the image.

Lexjet has just introduced a metallic paper that will run through an inkjet paper. Sounds interesting but haven't seen any samples yet.