PDA

View Full Version : Print Case Source

Joe_Campanellie
03-29-2010, 02:07 AM
I haven't bought a print case in years. Still have my original cases from when I started first competing some 19 years ago. Pretty beat up but you know some of us old farts are really superstitious about our cases.

I have one of our newer members in MD that wants to send a case to SEPPA but needs a case. Anyone have a good source?

Thanks...

D._Craig_Flory
03-29-2010, 01:35 PM
Hi Joe; B&H in NYC sells them. Their home page show that they are closed through April 6th though due to a Jewish Holiday. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=portfolio+storage+%26+print+shipping+ca ses&N=0&InitialSearch=yes Adorama also sells them. http://www.adorama.com/FIP5016203.html

I own two 16x20 cases - one a 2" and one a 3". I recommend for someone new to competition to buy one 3" or 4" deep. It allows for more padding when shipping.

Joe_Campanellie
03-29-2010, 02:38 PM
Thanks Craig...I found the info on the PPA site and passed it on to her. Hopefully she will get it together for SEPPA

ChontelleBrown
03-29-2010, 04:15 PM
Joe,
The SEPPA online registration deadline is this Thursday, April 1. After that, there is a $50 late fee. Case deadline is April 6.

Just thought I would mention the registration deadline since it's almost here.

Thanks,
Chontelle

D._Craig_Flory
03-29-2010, 04:25 PM
One more suggestion - I recommend having two cases. Considering that the Imaging USA keeps the cases from May through the following year you need more than one case. And, if you enter a regional that occurs around the same time as another competition that is another reason to own at least two cases.

Rick_Massarini
03-29-2010, 06:50 PM
Joe,
You can also get them from Dury's in Nashville or Showcase in Atlanta. They both started stocking them a couple of years ago when I asked them to make them available for our PPLA and SWPPA members. They also support our associations by always exhibiting at our Trade Shows (They were both at our PPLA Spring Seminar last weekend). Their prices are always the same or lower than those suppliers who don't support the associations. Give Dury's or Showcase a call - their service is also outstanding since they cater to the Pros.

Keith_A_Howe
03-29-2010, 07:14 PM
FWIW - you DO NOT have to have a print case for international competition. You can send the prints in a box. If you want the prints returned then you after the exhibition, you DO have to ship in a case. Prints submitted in a box will not be returned.

Keith

Joe_Campanellie
03-29-2010, 07:20 PM
Thanks Keith...I forgot about that. Should have remembered that.

Rick...I gave her the deadlines.

I haven't gotten my stuff together either and registered or sent the case. Had a huge snafu this weekend. My wife was doing the last little check on the images just to make sure I didn't miss anything. Not sure what she did but deleted the whole folder of prints.

Everything was deleted and now have to start over. Probably not enough time to do so. Might be skipping this year at SEPPA.

Keith_A_Howe
03-29-2010, 09:57 PM
Check the recycle bin.!

Joe_Campanellie
03-30-2010, 01:26 AM
Already did that...not sure what she did but she managed to dump them from the entire system.

D._Craig_Flory
03-30-2010, 12:38 PM
Hi Joe; Clutching at straws - did you try using Windows Search and the name of of the files ? Maybe they got saved somewhere else.

Joe_Campanellie
03-30-2010, 09:47 PM
Did that too...didn't show up.

I had done a backup when I was finished with what I had done but she didn't back up on the completed image files.