PDA

View Full Version : From My Print Competition Folder

ephotoevents
03-25-2010, 01:37 AM
I have been moving images to my Print Competition folder. I tried to select images without distracting backgrounds. Probably I am wrong. Please I want to hear critics. My images are in

http://www.ephotoevents.com/ephotoevents/printcompetition.html

I will appreciated very much your opinions.

Regards,
Manuel PLanchart

Keith_A_Howe
03-26-2010, 03:31 PM
Manuel
I don't have a ton of time but here is some of what I see.
Looking for - I don't mean to be overly harsh but this is a snapshot. There are shadows in the background, the dog is not engaged with the viewer, there is a tree growing out of his back. Photographed in harsh sunlight that is not used in a way to flatter the subject.
Glamour - Lighting is the major problem here. It is highlighting the back and side of her face as opposed to the mask or short side of her face. You want the lighting to help sculpt the subject instead of drawing attention away from her. Her outfit is bunchy and her pose is not glamourous.
Listeng the sermon - Nice light on the faces, good job! Could have been improved by changing the camera angle just a bit so that the groom is shown a bit more, as is he is nothing more than a face. File processing could have been warmer and the contrast increased to add more impact.
To the church - It is good that you used directional light but tilt her head into it more, have her sit a bit taller (or you get higher) so the seat doesn't cut into her so much. Be aware of distractions like her flowers, they are closer to the light so will be brighter and by spot coloring them you are telling the viewer that the flowers are the main subject.
Ready - Ok image. Could be improved by turning her body away from the light and twisting her face into the light. This way her body would be sculpted as well. Pop her shoulders back a bit because she is slumped shouldered. This is especially important when you are photographing down on your subject they will appear slouchy. Bridals need posture to add to the formal story of the dress.
Hope this helps
Keith

ephotoevents
03-26-2010, 06:40 PM
Thanks a lot Mr Keith. Yes all your recommendations help me to understand how to work better.

Regards,
Manuel Planchart