PDA

View Full Version : Looking for input for 2010 Nationals?

Angela_Lawson
03-13-2010, 09:36 PM
I posted this image under the Print Comp. section of the Galleries. Please let me know what you think? Is it Merit - worthy, or could something else be done to bring it into the merit category? Also need a title if I submit it.

Keith, if you think it's worth entering, would you ask Holly for a title.

And I'd love to get any and all input. Thanks.

http://www.ppa.com/community/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=5535

Hopefully the link gets you there. Otherwise, it's called Baby Mack in the Galleries.

Keith_A_Howe
03-14-2010, 10:10 PM
commented in the gallery as that is where it was posted.

Angela_Lawson
03-15-2010, 04:02 PM
Thanks Keith. I kinda figured the mixed keys would kill this one. It did look pretty sharp printed on Metallic Paper for the mom though. Thanks for pointing out the low angle of the light - I did miss that one. And I really appreciate the honest critiques, but also the compliment that you see improvement in my lighting and light direction. I must say that I look at everything differently now, since I began my "full steam ahead" :) study. I know I have lots more to learn, and sometimes get ahead of myself with wanting to get to the next level. Thanks again for all your help. I have a couple sessions coming up that I'm going to really work on print comp-worthy photos.

BTW, I use the Forum Galleries instead of Flickr or other sites like that only for safety issues. Are the images still not big enough, or am I just saving them too small?

Keith_A_Howe
03-18-2010, 03:51 PM
Angela
Size, while the gallery allows larger images than those hosted on the forum, it is still way to small for accurate critiques. I understand your concerns about image theft and I recomend if you use other hosting sites to put your copyright on the image in a vital place. Unfortunately this also makes it hard for a good critique. Do which ever works for you. If there is a question area you can always crop that area (essencially making it larger) and post it for consideration.