PDA

View Full Version : Date for affiliate sealed prints?

Leslie_Hoyt
03-03-2010, 01:35 AM
I was filling out my international print comp registration, and I have 4 prints that received a seal at SWPPA. The PPA form asks for month day year, but I don't find a date anywhere on the print. I tried just putting in 2010 but that didn't work. Anyone know where I'd find that?

Thanks in advance!

Rick_Massarini
03-03-2010, 01:39 AM
I was filling out my international print comp registration, and I have 4 prints that received a seal at SWPPA. The PPA form asks for month day year, but I don't find a date anywhere on the print. I tried just putting in 2010 but that didn't work. Anyone know where I'd find that?

Thanks in advance!

The 2010 SWPPA judging was held in Arlington, TX on September 18-19, 2009.

Leslie_Hoyt
03-03-2010, 01:42 AM
Well just tried using 09/19/2009 but it said it had to have a 2010 date! What to do?! I know I won't be the only one coming up against this problem.

Jeff_Dachowski
03-03-2010, 12:47 PM
Leslie,
It sounds like they have a snfu in the system. The PPANE regional is also the year before nationals. I would send Jim Dingwell a note so that it can be corrected. BTW,...congrats on 4x4. That makes you a Photographer of the Year!! Woohooo!
Jeff

mrbarton
03-03-2010, 12:55 PM
While we are at it, what are the dates of International "Photographic" Competition this year? I'm thinking of making the haul.

Rick_Massarini
03-03-2010, 03:39 PM
While we are at it, what are the dates of International "Photographic" Competition this year? I'm thinking of making the haul.

The actual judging will be June 13-17, 2010 with Saturday 6/12 being setup day.

Just so no one other than Michael misunderstands this post - those are the dates for the actual judging - the deadlines for entry submission are much earlier - check the PPA web sites "Competitions" tab for more details.

Leslie_Hoyt
03-03-2010, 05:54 PM
Leslie,
It sounds like they have a snfu in the system. The PPANE regional is also the year before nationals. I would send Jim Dingwell a note so that it can be corrected. BTW,...congrats on 4x4. That makes you a Photographer of the Year!! Woohooo!
Jeff

Well I had emailed the director of SWPPA and he just said it only needs to have a date in this year. Just put yesterday's date and it took it.....will be very sad if I don't get my 4 merits due to a technicality!!

I'll see if I can figure out how to send Jim Dingwell an email.

And thanks on the 4x4 congrats! I was thrilled!

Leslie

Jeff_Dachowski
03-03-2010, 08:31 PM
Well I had emailed the director of SWPPA and he just said it only needs to have a date in this year. Just put yesterday's date and it took it.....will be very sad if I don't get my 4 merits due to a technicality!!

I'll see if I can figure out how to send Jim Dingwell an email.

And thanks on the 4x4 congrats! I was thrilled!

Leslie
Leslie,
I left you a VM on how to reach Jim.

Have fun!
jeff